Builds 1985 FJ60 Gets a Holley Sniper EFI Setup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you go with the intank pump or something else? Would you do anything different?
I would rather an in tank pump. The in line pump Holley supplies has been reliable so far but it’s really loud.

Did you go with the intank pump or something else? Would you do anything different?
Few of us used the Robbmc Powersurge.... Easy set up and not loud at all. Has been reliable until a recent hiccup that Im not bothering with as im droppin in a LS3.

I wanted to install one but my budget was already overblown. Some day. I still need to make new hard lines so maybe a surge tank will happen then.
Im guessing you did the work yourself...for those less skilled...PowerSurge was a far cheaper option than the in tank way ...

For what it's worth, I'm extremely happy with the Walbro in-line pump that came with my Mosley kit. It is extremely quiet.
I figured there was a better pump out there. My real beef with it is that it’s very vulnerable to catching damage on the trail being down on the frame. At least it seems like a big possibility, especially if you do lots of rocky stuff.

I will go with the intank install
I did. I cut a door in the cargo area, installed a 38 gal. 62 tank. It is loud!! Probably not as bad with a stock tank as it's insulated from body/chassis by straps. I will live with it. I can hear it from the house when letting it warm up on cold mornings. It's even louder under 1/2 tank. If you go that route ask Cam about a Stainless door to rivet in. Also, consider with in tank, to replace the hard lines with 3/8. Not necessary with Power Surge.

I did. I cut a door in the cargo area, installed a 38 gal. 62 tank. It is loud!! Probably not as bad with a stock tank as it's insulated from body/chassis by straps. I will live with it. I can hear it from the house when letting it warm up on cold mornings. It's even louder under 1/2 tank. If you go that route ask Cam about a Stainless door to rivet in. Also, consider with in tank, to replace the hard lines with 3/8. Not necessary with Power Surge.
holy balls...you can hear it from the house??? wow FWIW, cant hear the PowerSurge...at all!!

I figured there was a better pump out there. My real beef with it is that it’s very vulnerable to catching damage on the trail being down on the frame. At least it seems like a big possibility, especially if you do lots of rocky stuff.
That's a valid concern if you're out crawling, etc. Not just the pump, but the wiring as well. You might could create a skid plate or something to protect it. Mine's not doing anything more than fire roads, so I just have it mounted high on the frame.

That's a valid concern if you're out crawling, etc. Not just the pump, but the wiring as well. You might could create a skid plate or something to protect it. Mine's not doing anything more than fire roads, so I just have it mounted high on the frame.
I thought about that exact thing. Have a skid plate for the transmission that I need to install. I wanted to put the pump where it would be protected by the plate but it was too far forward. Everything works just fine but it’s certainly not the best solution for a 4x4 off road setup.

Now you have me thinking power surge, But where would I put it? i have dual batteries. Crap now i don't know what to do..
its not overly large...

Now you have me thinking power surge, But where would I put it? i have dual batteries. Crap now i don't know what to do..
Prlly better places to mount it tbh...ive seen im mounted on the other side avoiding longer Hose runs. But..never heard it run..at all.

Screenshot_20220215-004847_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220215-004847_Facebook~2.jpg

So close to the end of the install! I've looked through the thread but can't quite find the answer.

For the switch ignition pink wire from the sniper, which wire in the engine bay is best, the black with yellow stripe? Any photos will be life saving

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom