Go to travel mug - recs and pictures please! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm going to retire my 15 year old Sheetz travel coffee mug. Slick callused hands make it hard to hold now, and I'm sure years of drinking hot coffee from the plastic liner haven't been good for me. Plus, I dropped it and now it wobbles. New mug has to have a handle I can actually fit my hand in (my hands are not small) and fit in the LC cup holder. What are you using? Yeti wants a kidney and rtic seems to be made for alien hands. This is highly important stuff right here.
20220209_071322.jpg

I have a BH3D cup holder insert to replace the factory cup holders (semi-tech, yes it is a stretch) and I use a Hydroflask 20oz Coffee.

Like this: 20 oz Coffee with Flex Sip™ Lid - https://www.hydroflask.com/20-oz-coffee-with-flex-sip-lid?color=black&___store=default&gclid=CjwKCAiA6Y2QBhAtEiwAGHybPR2upBfv30RDHNxRyb4Rr3sb67UdegIWu1rQ7tIswaFfPTD958OdvRoCSe0QAvD_BwE

(edit: they also make a 12oz and 16 oz version)

I own a lot of the hydroflask stuff, and it is awesome. If I wasn't married and encouraged to use proper glassware to appear civilized, I'd only use their stuff. Then again, I'd also probalby live out of a vehicle traveling around the world too, so I may not be the best person to take advice from. :)

Last edited:
I'll play. I don't like handles, because I need a mug that fits in lots of places and vehicles. The Klean Kanteen mugs are spill proof, easy to grip, fit the LC, and keep things hot.

I'll play. I don't like handles, because I need a mug that fits in lots of places and vehicles. The Klean Kanteen mugs are spill proof, easy to grip, fit the LC, and keep things hot.

Cool, that looks like a contender even without the handle. Would have never heard of it had you not posted. Is the grip part slick? My hands are pretty beat to s**t.

Step22 tumbler, though I'm not sure they're sold anymore. Step22 is still around with tons of overlanding organizer gear. I use it everyday, all day, and puts up with my abuse tossing it in the dishwasher.

The stock 200-series cupholder is not worthy of it. With a BH3D insert, it worked well. With a 3D printed DIY cupholder console replacement, works fantastic.

1644444486930.png

I have this one as well, but mine definitely ain’t leak proof.

I have this one as well, but mine definitely ain’t leak proof.
Yup, the soft silicone part that makes to seal does get old. I’ve had to replace the cap about once a year.

Cool, that looks like a contender even without the handle. Would have never heard of it had you not posted. Is the grip part slick? My hands are pretty beat to s**t.
The specific one I linked to is SS outside, but Kleen Kanteen makes a lot of varieties.

Yeti wants a kidney
Walmart's Ozark Trails brand is a Yeti Clone, to the point where lids are interchangeable. Here's what I use. They also have a convex version the same size, as well as larger versions. We have these in the truck and the trailer, as well as Ozark Trail mugs and insulated bottle/can holders.

76679a44-6192-4f4c-92fa-2e7d81747024.2370562506db7c89e98c561222f8f33b.jpeg

The Magellan ones they sell at Academy Sports have a stepped taper that lends well to not-dropping-it-as-much; and some have a textured finish on the colored ones. They're pretty cheap too.

I hate to say it but Starbucks makes a couple really nice cups with oversized handles.
They are slim design like your original so fit in most smaller cup holders. Got three of
them and they all are pretty decent. Of course my favourite is a $5 special Rubbermaid
SS cup I got at Target or Walmart. No handle but no leaks either and keeps it hot for
3 going on 4 hrs.

I hate to say it but Starbucks makes a couple really nice cups with oversized handles.
They are slim design like your original so fit in most smaller cup holders. Got three of
them and they all are pretty decent. Of course my favourite is a $5 special Rubbermaid
SS cup I got at Target or Walmart. No handle but no leaks either and keeps it hot for
3 going on 4 hrs.
Never been to a Starbucks, but will check it out if they have mugs with handles!

x2 on the hydro flask stuff. keeps coffee hot for a long time, had a kid that doesn’t leak if you decide you just want to toss it on your seat and most important to me as a guy who likes cream in my coffee the kids are easy to clean so you don’t get that slimy gunk in cracks and crevices you can’t wash out but know your fresh coffee is bathing in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom