PO omitted factory tow hooks when installing ARB front....options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright so while getting my ARB front off tonight for paint prep (of course two bolts are giving me hell) I noticed the PO decided to omit the factory tow hooks.....lovely.

From searching the forums I learned that even I found some factory hooks apparently I also need spacers and longer bolts which I'm sure were also omitted, or I should say not used.....pic attached. I would like to have the ability to pull something with my truck if in a jam, are there any other options I can look into which will bolt up easily?

Also unrelated but what would I need to make a Hi-Lift jack work with my ARB front? I could have sworn I've seen a jack point on them but mind doesn't seem to have one.....

IMG_6969.jpg

IMG_6971.jpg

IMG_6972.jpg

Trail Taylor recovery points. Fits like a glove. He also has soft shackle recovery points if I remember correctly.

google search -> arb hilift adapter

The tow rings are often not deemed to be serious tow/snatch strap/kinetic rope worthy. There are after market steel brackets that will work in that spot. Search with google :) There's even a thread recently about crank pulley tool etc and there's a bracket that the OP of that thread is also going to make.

cheers,
george.

These

I would not risk pulling something from the front unless no other options. Your front diff will thank you for turning around and pulling from the rear bumper.

High lift rings are right there in your pics, round rings below vertical uprights on bumper.

As unlikely as it seems... but.... occasionally an 80 may actually need to be rescued by another vehicle that needs something strong on the 80's front end to pull/yank on.... :hmm:

cheers,
george.

These

👆🏽

Tundra hooks look nice. I think they're around $125 each and you need to drill the holes out slightly for the 80 frame bolts.

Here's a post from the Grey Poupon crowd showing how beefy they are:

Thanks for the replies everyone I sincerely sincerely appreciate it! So the hi lift adapter fits on to those rings on the front? That is definitely easy enough!

I've got an NWTI rear with shackles coming if I need to pull something I was just thinking it wouldn't be the worst idea to also have hooks in the front, you never know I guess.....

This last two bolts just needed a little heat and muscle….gotta say I’m kinda shocked at how light the ARB front is….

And then I'm adding a jack point to a little round hole cutout......this thing is going to be okay if I need to hi lift it up right?! haha
There is a hilift attachment for that hole. I've considered modding mine like @NLXTACY did his

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom