2013 Land Cruiser Exhaust Muffler Upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Love my new LC but I wanted to hear that 5.7 V8 when I stepped on the pedal.

Installed a Dual in Single Out MagnaFlow #12288 today along with a Vibrant #1142 Ulta Quiet Resonator & DC Sport 4 inch Resonated Exhaust Tip.

Bought the parts off Amazon for $260 total. Had it installed today at the shop for $240 since it was 3 new parts welded. $500 total.

I gotta say, I love it. Just enough roar when you want it but quiet on cruise control on the highway. The new resonator and tip help kill the drone so it’s very light at 1500 rpm but no where else.

Here’s some pics of the new muffler in the middle, new rear resonator and exhaust tip.

10520A41-CD40-4089-A4DB-D3035152AA71.jpeg

1C8D3DAE-45AE-40F6-A3F5-DBDDF4EB9C99.jpeg

0752C0F3-8845-4F99-BCED-A09B9B6B9799.jpeg

Some pictures of the parts

$140 for magna flow 12288
$100 for 1142 vibrant resonator
$20 for DC Sports 1013 resonated tip

305E112A-F2B0-4E4F-9431-E4C134FE5212.png

95868CA6-414C-4EA5-AC38-1B1F3B1957C5.png

66DA741E-012F-4ADF-85EF-4947BA1AA9EB.png

Would love a driving from inside or outside. Looks great

I love it. It sounds like a sports car but not loud like a pick up truck.

It sounds like what a 400 Horsepower 5.7 V8 is suppose to be without being obnoxious but also looks great from behind. I really hated how the stock resonator and muffler looked like.

I’ll shoot some video during the day tomorrow of it Reving from outside and driving.

Any reason you didn't source the parts from the muffler shop? I have never really dealt with a muffler place, so just wondering if there was some big savings realized doing it that way. Seems like magnaflo parts would be fairly ubiquitous.

A lot of shops sell the Magnaflow but not the vibrant resonator and DC resonated exhaust tip.

I wanted that combo to kill any drone the new muffler would give. So you get the low decimal rumble and growl of the Magnaflow but no drone because of the other combo.

Sounds good from the inside. Eagerly awaiting the on throttle outside clips.

Just shot a 0-80 mph video for you guys. iPhone speaker can’t pick up the low decibels too well. Hold the phone close to your ear to hear better.

It’s definitely an improvement over stock but not super loud where the kids or lady will complain. Daily driving is easy with no drone but step on the gas pedal and it roars like a Tiger.

Tomorrow is my day off, i’ll shoot the video with how it looks like outside when on the pedal and revving.

I love it. It sounds like a sports car but not loud like a pick up truck.

It sounds like what a 400 Horsepower 5.7 V8 is suppose to be without being obnoxious but also looks great from behind. I really hated how the stock resonator and muffler looked like.

I’ll shoot some video during the day tomorrow of it Reving from outside and driving.

Give it some beans man!

That sounds pretty good. Might have to do something like that :cool:
You should

It’s a big time improvement over stock.

An LC is a luxury car so you don’t want it super loud like a pick up truck but the motor is strong enough that when you step on it, you want to hear it purr a bit. This 3 piece combination does it.

I also have a K&N drop in air filter but I’m gonna be swapping it out for a K&N cold air intake next month. I want my 20+ horsepower from the new exhaust and intake combo lol

Sounds great. Now the question is how much of that is the muffler and how much is the resonator. I'd rather not have all that exhaust hanging so low in the back. I suspect that one could certainly tuck one resonator up where factory one is, if it's necessary. The consensus around here is the factory resonator doesn't do much, it's regularly cut out to no ill effect.

(for me, realistically, this mod is about 11 down the list since it really only adds cool points, rather than any increased functionality. Does sound good though)

The video you all have been waiting for.

Outside view of the new muffler and exhaust system. Feel and hear the power of extra 10 HP 🙌🏼😉

Sounds nice and throaty but is that really leaning that bad?

Lol, no my driveway is covered in ice and snow so it’s not level where I was parked haha

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom