What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (48 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

and help solve my high drive shaft angle issues too... ahh man :worms:

The right thing usually isn't the easiest.... I'd go for it.

The right thing usually isn't the easiest.... I'd go for it.
well let me ask you, whats more work, extending the chassis or cutting and turning the rear diff? bear in mind this is a linked coil rear end

well let me ask you, whats more work, extending the chassis or cutting and turning the rear diff? bear in mind this is a linked coil rear end
I'd hate to cut and turn coils. I would think that it is a lot more difficult than a leaf cut n turn. You could probably get away with adjustable links to set pinion angle if it's not a killer angle that wants to pop the spring out. If you have extra sections of frame, it wouldn't be too bad to extend it, IMO. Just plasma out some fishplate and weld it up.

I'd hate to cut and turn coils. I would think that it is a lot more difficult than a leaf cut n turn. You could probably get away with adjustable links to set pinion angle if it's not a killer angle that wants to pop the spring out. If you have extra sections of frame, it wouldn't be too bad to extend it, IMO. Just plasma out some fishplate and weld it up.
ok, thanks man. got some things to consider and then will make a decision. thanks for the input

On a previous build I extended an 80 series frame 7 inches. I used the back half from another frame, so two frames into one. I had stout sleeves made to go inside the frame to bridge the one cut. I had seen others extend the frame other ways. I don’t think it is hard it is just more work.

Finished building it! That was one difficult build, let me tell you!
Puzzle.jpg

One of my favorite pictures of my 45. The wife had a puzzle made from it at a local photo shop and gave it to me for Christmas.

Newly restored '76 smog delete appraised by Hagerty:

The appraisal made me pretty happy.

I really need to get a double-cardan rear driveshaft for mine; even after shimming I still have a slight vibration at 35-40 mph in 3rd gear.
Exact symptoms we had. DS angle was about 15 deg. Added 6 deg shim. That’s all it took.

Took the 40 out to see some distant relatives

09DB761A-7ABB-4D82-823A-88E8B533841F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom