93 FZJ 80 start issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I purchased a 93 triple locked LC80 for a great price in this market... So i thought. I received the codes 83, 84, 85 codes and ordered the ECU(Won't arrive for another 2 weeks). The truck ran great, no issues besides a fuse that kept popping for the gauges(had an appointment with electrician to find and fix)

At this point I had driven approx. 250 miles on it without issue. I drove to work (16 miles) have it parked for 3 hrs and get in to take off. The engine buckles and shuts off. But turned back on and began driving 50 ft and then she completely shuts off.

As I began to diagnose, I find a video to check efi relay and fusible links. I replace both but still no start. I check for spark and nothing. I replace the distributor cap and rotor and still no spark.

We begin to check every component to look for a short and no luck. My buddy was looking at the electrical diagram and decides to stick a paper clip in the main efi fuse relay on the 1 and 4 locations and suddenly she starts.... we ended up putting 25 Amp fuse on there and she runs perfect. He is thinking it is the Volume airflow meter thinking the relay isn't being tripped there ir the connector for the relay has gone bad.... any ideas?

Below is the issue

I purchased a 93 triple locked LC80 for a great price in this market... So i thought. I received the codes 83, 84, 85 codes and ordered the ECU(Won't arrive for another 2 weeks). The truck ran great, no issues besides a fuse that kept popping for the gauges(had an appointment with electrician to find and fix)

At this point I had driven approx. 250 miles on it without issue. I drove to work (16 miles) have it parked for 3 hrs and get in to take off. The engine buckles and shuts off. But turned back on and began driving 50 ft and then she completely shuts off.

As I began to diagnose, I find a video to check efi relay and fusible links. I replace both but still no start. I check for spark and nothing. I replace the distributor cap and rotor and still no spark.

We begin to check every component to look for a short and no luck. My buddy was looking at the electrical diagram and decides to stick a paper clip in the main efi fuse relay on the 1 and 4 locations and suddenly she starts.... we ended up putting 25 Amp fuse on there and she runs perfect. He is thinking it is the Volume airflow meter thinking the relay isn't being tripped there ir the connector for the relay has gone bad.... any ideas?

Below is the issue

Correction the 2 and 4 relay

Screenshot_20220205-125507_Gallery.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom