Moms 200 Is Getting A Bumper. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OPMACHINE

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
All,

My Mom wants an ARB bumper with Vison-X lights on her new 200 series. I have almost no expectance with the 200 series so I plan on document my install. The last time I installed an ARB bumper was about 12 years ago on my 80 series. At first glance, it looks alike the installation has gotten a little more complicated while the directions leave a little to be desired. Anyway time to void some warrantees.

First thing was to have to bumper sand blasted, etched with phosphate, primed and powder coated to match the Blizzard pearl.

200 blizzard pearl.jpg

My dad just retired, so gifted himself a new LX570 while my mom is getting armored and lifted 200.

install is not that bad, just takes a while. Take note that the wiring instructions are backwards since ARB is an Australian company and their vehicles are RHD over there. Other than that, I thought the instructions for the 200 were pretty good - instructions for the Tacoma were much more vague. I cut my bumper about 1/4" less than instructions state and trimmed a little back from there where needed - mostly just because once you cut it's gone so I figured I'd rather have it too tight and trim back than have a huge gap. Good Luck! Nice 40 series in the back!

I was not looking forward to cutting the front bumper. The paper template that comes with the bumper is garbage, and I had a hard time validating my cut lines were correct. I wont tell you how long I stared at the bumper with a laser level trying to validate my lines were square and in the correct location.

template.jpg

laser leval.jpg

In hindsight, most of the cut bumper sits behind the ARB bar. Its not quite as critical as I have made it out to be.

Let us know how you ended up mounting the camera. Mine is still in the grill, need to get around to improving on the supplied center mount.

All,

My Mom wants an ARB bumper with Vison-X lights on her new 200 series. I have almost no expectance with the 200 series so I plan on document my install. The last time I installed an ARB bumper was about 12 years ago on my 80 series. At first glance, it looks alike the installation has gotten a little more complicated while the directions leave a little to be desired. Anyway time to void some warrantees.

First thing was to have to bumper sand blasted, etched with phosphate, primed and powder coated to match the Blizzard pearl.

View attachment 2893539

My dad just retired, so gifted himself a new LX570 while my mom is getting armored and lifted 200.
I really like the 570 in white. Looks classy!

Not relevant to this ARB bumper for the OP, but I will say the optional TJM wiring harness is perfect plug and play, no splicing. Highly recommended.

This install looks great! Super clean bumper trim work.

I finished the installation without issue.

I spend way too much time trimming the original bumper to accept the ARB. The trim is not critical past the first foot or so, after that it is covered by the ARB bumper. I did all the trimming with a little oscillating saw. I am very happy with the result.
B0EDBA3F-9378-4A07-9390-F6E6171C59B6.jpeg

No winch on my moms cruiser so we tucked the bumper in a little closer than directed. Maybe left a 10mm gap instead of the 18-22 recommended.
22276BFD-03E6-4E67-AB57-99F089B4AE8C.jpeg

The only thing I want to change is the Vision-x light switch cover. It is cheap and does not fit the interior. I did not want to drill a hole in the dash and its a little too big to fit into the factory switch blanks. I 3D printed a switch cover until I cans find a better solution. My mom want her car back.
3C03EBC5-B49A-459F-98BE-5EA7C8674343.jpeg
98AD6704-BD67-483B-BA3C-477EF7B74D6C.jpeg

FE1945DC-7606-4EC6-B432-BD4AC0E80B54.jpeg

I think it looks great and my mom should survive and close encounters with the wildlife
85895FB4-D46B-4B9E-AAE2-9CB01614919A.jpeg
E54C9250-440D-4F46-A4E5-A449B417B921.jpeg

I finished the installation without issue.

I spend way too much time trimming the original bumper to accept the ARB. The trim is not critical past the first foot or so, after that it is covered by the ARB bumper. I did all the trimming with a little oscillating saw. I am very happy with the result.

No winch on my moms cruiser so we tucked the bumper in a little closer than directed. Maybe left a 10mm gap instead of the 18-22 recommended.

Looks great. Nice work! I assume you're mom isn't going to be doing too much heavy off-roading, but I would still be conservative on that gap. See video below. You'd be surprised how much that bumper can move. You don't have a full replacement bumper, so it wouldn't be metal to metal, but you do run the risk of the bumper hitting the stock bumper cover if you're not careful as it's inside the recommended gap.

The only thing I want to change is the Vision-x light switch cover. It is cheap and does not fit the interior. I did not want to drill a hole in the dash and its a little too big to fit into the factory switch blanks. I 3D printed a switch cover until I cans find a better solution. My mom want her car back.

There are places that make factory drop in switches if you want a more factory look.

Last edited:
@brasskey thank you for the knowledge and the switch source. This cruiser will see minimal off-road use, but will spend plenty of time or corrugated dirt roads. I will follow up if the bumper was fit too close.

I need of of those switch, but for anybody that does not want to import a switch from Ozzy land.

Attached is the STL file if anybody wants to print one.

Attachments

• 200 Series Rocker Switch Cover.stl
    381.6 KB · Views: 35
I accidentally linked the AOB Australian site, but they have a US store. Also the CH4x4 is US.

IMHO I think that will hit and rub at just 10mm even just driving around streets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom