SPC UCA Help! - SOLVED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Installed the SPC UCAs with an Ironman lift. Took it to the alignment shop recommended by Slee. Looks like the tech there didn't adjust the caster with the star washer to get the caster right. Might be they didn't know it could be adjusted? Heard of that on other SPC threads I found.

Sent an email to Slee to get their input.

Land Cruiser is still at the shop. They said it is good to pick it up. Thinking it needs adjustment.

full

full

It can certainly be better. I’d make sure the alignment shop had the directions. Mine with SPCs. Sorry I don’t know how to rotate the photo.

0B625560-2CF3-4A29-BBEE-07E833C9FCEE.jpeg

It can certainly be better. I’d make sure the alignment shop had the directions. Mine with SPCs. Sorry I don’t know how to rotate the photo.

View attachment 2910794
Thanks! Another question I have looking at your numbers, should lifted cruisers be on the high side of the caster numbers? Mine are really high. Yours are high but still green

I’m not an expert, but my truck tracks straight down the road, steers properly, and is generally well behaved on and off road. I rotate the tires every 5k miles or so and they wear evenly.

Stock settings are for stock vehicles. On a lifted 100 with larger tires, I certainly recommend 4 degrees of caster. I might even go more but my tires are quite close to the firewall at full lock. I run 6 degrees caster on my 70 series and it tracks very nicely on the freeway.

One piece of advice I can give on the SPC's is to torque the upper adjustment nut to 175 lb/ft. and then re-torque them after a couple hundred miles. Some folks recommend a little extra Toe-in when running larger tires with taller sidewalls.

Stock settings are for stock vehicles. On a lifted 100 with larger tires, I certainly recommend 4 degrees of caster. I might even go more but my tires are quite close to the firewall at full lock. I run 6 degrees caster on my 70 series and it tracks very nicely on the freeway.

One piece of advice I can give on the SPC's is to torque the upper adjustment nut to 175 lb/ft. and then re-torque them after a couple hundred miles. Some folks recommend a little extra Toe-in when running larger tires with taller sidewalls.
Great! Thanks.

Also thanks on the torque. I did read some other threads about the upper adjustment bolt. I'll check it down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom