Radio off to save battery? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Stting in the LC listening to music in accessory mode with screen and onterior lights off and after 30 minutes it turn the radio off to save the battery? Is there really a risk? I've sat in the 4runner for hours listening to music with no issue. Am I missing a setting or something? How long do I have?

Shouldn't be any risk. I'll caveat to say if a battery can't handle that use case, then it's likely worn or marginal, and best replaced.

A good insurance would be to keep a small lithium jump starter battery onboard. The modern equivalent to jumper cables. Great for helping yourself or others.

Shouldn't be any risk. I'll caveat to say if a battery can't handle that use case, then it's likely worn or marginal, and best replaced.

A good insurance would be to keep a small lithium jump starter battery onboard. The modern equivalent to jumper cables. Great for helping yourself or others.
Battery brand new. I think it's just a programmed function of the LC? It was 30 minutes on the dot in accessory mode.

Battery brand new. I think it's just a programmed function of the LC? It was 30 minutes on the dot in accessory mode.

Ah gotcha. Didn't read that right on my first pass. Wonder if this is a function of the newer model years?

Yes, my wife killed a battery in a former saab listening to a basketball game. Dead as a doornail.

Yup, new feature on the latest years.

Damn, that's kind of a bummer. I spend a good amount of time sitting stealth in the car with just music on. What do.people do when tailgating, etc. I'm really against long periods of just idling. Going to have to change my ways. What do you guys and gals do?

Can techstream edit what comes on in accessory mode?

My amplifiers are fused at 120amps between the four of them. I think I could toast the battery in an hour or two at a high volume. Eardrums would probably fail first though. The LX570 ML Amp has 60 amps of fuse (as I recall), so that should be 4 to 8 hours of fun time?

Practically I don't worry about 30 min or an hour, but I'll start the car and run it on and off just to be sure if I'm working at the beach for half the day or something.

For this I do wish my LTO battery plan hadn't fallen apart.

My amplifiers are fused at 120amps between the four of them. I think I could toast the battery in an hour or two at a high volume. Eardrums would probably fail first though. The LX570 ML Amp has 60 amps of fuse (as I recall), so that should be 4 to 8 hours of fun time?

Practically I don't worry about 30 min or an hour, but I'll start the car and run it on and off just to be sure if I'm working at the beach for half the day or something.

For this I do wish my LTO battery plan hadn't fallen apart.
Those fuse values are to support running the audio system at or close to full volume level. At a reasonable listening level, the amps should draw much less power than the fuse rating.

Sitting and listening to some tunes again now, this time with phone out of wireless charger. Will see if shuts off again at 7:05.

So much for 30 minutes, it cut off in exactly 20 minutes this time. Might have to buy a Bluetooth speaker or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom