Wrenching 1-23-2022 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Phulcrum

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Ok, wrenching is back on. I need help with a dozen or so little things on my 60, and we'll be fabricating/developing a fridge slide/enclosure. Chor needs to do a complete lift on his 60. SO chime in with what you need to do or just come up and help.

I am there.

Would love to come...but that work thing is getting in the way.

there may be brisket

Great Success! Thanks guys. For those not here, we were able to (nearly ) complete a lift on New Franks 60. Fun day, good food, good beer, great people.

Did anyone get pictures? We ran into the usual stuff you do when trying to remove stuff that has been in place since 1987. We will have it all tidied up this week.

Frank

Did anyone get pictures? We ran into the usual stuff you do when trying to remove stuff that has been in place since 1987. We will have it all tidied up this week.

Frank
I don't think any pics were taken. I might have one of other Frank (not dog Frank) getting down with the angle grinder, but that's it. Kinda bummed we didn't get it done in a day, but with all the cutting, torching, and rust busting I would say we made some damn good progress. I can come up Sunday and help finish up if needed.

Anyone know if the mounting plate is going to be drilled out or are we grabbing one from the donor 60?

Oh, If someone happens to find an extra Craftsman 6pt 18mm combo wrench in their tool box it's probably mine. @Mogwai lost it for me.

Angle grinder and a big freakin' hammer pretty much sums up the day. You can smell the PB Blaster in this picture.
unnamed.jpg

Lesson learned, when we tackle junk that has been inplace since WASP (
1643130333273.png
) was a popular band, line up the torches and start meltng bushings. Also, have multiple grinders and cut off wheels on standby. We definitely packed in some hours of work. It will be awesome!

Frank

I am going to head over after work today and see how far we can get. We might be able to work on other stuff Sunday, like a buzz, we will report back.

Frank

I am going to head over after work today and see how far we can get. We might be able to work on other stuff Sunday, like a buzz, we will report back.

Frank
(Pilot voice) Uhhhhhh roger that Oscar Mayer Turkey Jerky......standing by for report. (puhchik) <---that's the mic click.

So bad news I have to undergo the periodic torture/right of dad passage, Legoland on Sunday. Here is what is left.

- The axle is on the springs but likely grease in the driveshaft slip yoke is preventing it from moving forward about 10mm to fall into place. Suggest using a ratchet strap to pull the axle forward and get it to fall onto the pin.
- Install the plates and ubolts
- Install the shocks
- Install the swaybar links
- Check torques
- Install the whels
- Drive and adjust the drag link to center the wheel

should be about 2 hours of work to wrap it up.

Frank

For the driveshaft, you can take the zerk off and when you compress the yoke, the excess grease should be able to exit the hole. Be sure to use something to grab the grease turd that comes out!

i will be feeding the crew aas usual. but i wont be much help with a fractured wrist.

i will be feeding the crew aas usual. but i wont be much help with a fractured wrist.
As much as the food is ALWAYS appreciated don't want you to go to far out of your way. No reason to start a brisket the night before is what i'm saying, unless you really want to and I definitely won't complain!

The food alone is enough reason to visit Tim on Sundays.

A fractured wrist!? :oops: How'd you manage that? Hope it doesn't hurt too badly and that you're on the mend soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom