First Time Series 80 1996 Owner Intro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello:
I just got my retirement/dream machine, a 1996 Series 80. I bought it from Waterloo Motors up in Warrenton, Virginia with most of the bells and whistles, SLEE, OME, CVT King One etc. It's got about 233K miles on it. I'm new to the Land Cruiser community and Overlanding as well. So please excuse any rookie/newbie questions. Thanks!
Joel P
Savannah, Georgia

Welcome to the forum, there is an incredible wealth of knowledge here! Share some pictures when you can, we'd like to see it.

This is me and my son and Dan an FJ guru and good guy

9C2C9114-0492-4044-976F-0F399293D6CC.jpeg

Hello, Welcome and congratulations on the awesome truck! have you seen series 1883 on Paramount/Amazon Prime? 1883 its good series

Welcome. More pictures please. I cannot stress it enough...we like pictures. Now it looks good and you are probably ready to rock more or less, however the only place i found rust on mine, and 99% of everyone else, is under the stock roof rack. I would bet you have at least one maybe more screw going in to nothing up there so be careful. Most here would recommend moving that heavy tent to a gutter to mounting rack just for safety alone.

You may have the luxury brake system to keep you from stopping too quickly but still be careful with that rack you have.

Also did i mention more pictures?

Glad to have you here!

Where you going first?

Welcome. I love Savannah, such a historic town, and i have spent many weekends there when I used to live in Atlanta.

Look up the Georgia traverse

Welcome. More pictures please. I cannot stress it enough...we like pictures. Now it looks good and you are probably ready to rock more or less, however the only place i found rust on mine, and 99% of everyone else, is under the stock roof rack. I would bet you have at least one maybe more screw going in to nothing up there so be careful. Most here would recommend moving that heavy tent to a gutter to mounting rack just for safety alone.

You may have the luxury brake system to keep you from stopping too quickly but still be careful with that rack you have.

Also did i mention more pictures?

Glad to have you here!
Finally took the tent off. It was a real drag (pun intended). Down here you can only camp from October to maybe April

There are s*** loads of fantastic trails in Georgia. So much so that I drive from Florida just to get to them. Buy some real maps and pick a place and go. It's a beautiful state.

There are s*** loads of fantastic trails in Georgia. So much so that I drive from Florida just to get to them. Buy some real maps and pick a place and go. It's a beautiful state.
Not so much in FL unfortunately....I grew up in Fort Myers...lol

Finally took the tent off. It was a real drag (pun intended). Down here you can only camp from October to maybe April
Why can you only camp between October and April? That seems opposite what I'd expect, but I live in the Midwest where there's snow and ice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom