Well the time has come... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

gregnash

Anal Retentive Analyst
Threads
As I am sure some of you have noticed, I haven't really been around much. Between traveling, looking for new work, gf living in a completely different state, etc. I just haven't been active or anything. Well, life threw a complicated wrench in things late October when I was out in KS for my gf's daughters 16th bday and the girlfriend had an episode where she hemorrhaged so badly she ended up in the hospital for two days and received 3 units of blood. Ended up spending two weeks there at the end of October/beginning of Nov, then another two weeks at Thanksgiving when she had another episode. Turns out her body was revolting against her and needed a somewhat (I know odd to say) emergency hysterectomy. During this time I was getting slammed with tons of interviews (I know first world problems) but no bites for actual positions until I was actually out there for the surgery at the beginning of December (was literally home for 6 days between thanksgiving and when I went out before the surgery).

During that time out there I ended up getting a request for an interview that then turned into three companies fighting for me! Accepted a position with the Federal Reserve Bank of KC as an analyst , started right after the first year and will be working remote until my lease ends out here in May (moving the first of April though). Got myself a good apartment and even purchased a "commuter" car while I was out there. Lots has transpired, gf is health and gotten a clean bill of health from the Dr, so thankfully no more hemorrhaging and scaring the crap outta me.

Anyways, I don't know how active I will be with the club as I go back and forth but will try to make at least one more run and club meeting before I leave in April. Its been awesome hanging with everyone and will try to pop in and see whats going on with the website when I get the chance! I will be doing one last run to the petroglyphs as I need to take my brother and niece out there to see them.

Wow what a report. Glad everyone is healthy. We have missed you and your Mt. biking reports. I knew you were going through a bunch of life changes but dang! for sure lets get on some runs together and maybe we can get the club to run to the petroglyphs before April. Hope your landing in a good state with lots of open country and trails and further wheeling with that beautiful 100.:steer:

Thanks... Yup already reaching out to the local club on here and then come across a few people on IG out there with Cruisers. KC_Overland is one that apparently has a small overlanding shop nearby so I have chatted a bit with him. Interested to see what their trails look like and already been getting lots of beta on mtb trails.

Yes lots and lots going on.

As I am sure some of you have noticed, I haven't really been around much. Between traveling, looking for new work, gf living in a completely different state, etc. I just haven't been active or anything. Well, life threw a complicated wrench in things late October when I was out in KS for my gf's daughters 16th bday and the girlfriend had an episode where she hemorrhaged so badly she ended up in the hospital for two days and received 3 units of blood. Ended up spending two weeks there at the end of October/beginning of Nov, then another two weeks at Thanksgiving when she had another episode. Turns out her body was revolting against her and needed a somewhat (I know odd to say) emergency hysterectomy. During this time I was getting slammed with tons of interviews (I know first world problems) but no bites for actual positions until I was actually out there for the surgery at the beginning of December (was literally home for 6 days between thanksgiving and when I went out before the surgery).

During that time out there I ended up getting a request for an interview that then turned into three companies fighting for me! Accepted a position with the Federal Reserve Bank of KC as an analyst , started right after the first year and will be working remote until my lease ends out here in May (moving the first of April though). Got myself a good apartment and even purchased a "commuter" car while I was out there. Lots has transpired, gf is health and gotten a clean bill of health from the Dr, so thankfully no more hemorrhaging and scaring the crap outta me.

Anyways, I don't know how active I will be with the club as I go back and forth but will try to make at least one more run and club meeting before I leave in April. Its been awesome hanging with everyone and will try to pop in and see whats going on with the website when I get the chance! I will be doing one last run to the petroglyphs as I need to take my brother and niece out there to see them.
you're due for some good news... and some good times. best of luck man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom