Anyone have any information about the FJ62's that were made/sold only for Puerto Rico and Mexico? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I believe I read somewhere (possibly on here) there were a number of Land Cruisers made/marketed for PR/Mexico, but I'm having trouble finding any information here or on the web. I also think I read that it's those particular vehicles that have the fuel tank recall issues for them?

I have a 1989 FJ62 with brown interior that's white with a tannish-brown stripe. I haven't seen that particular brown interior or white/tannish-brown stripe on any LC's I've seen in the US. I also understand my LC was bought in Puerto Rico and spent most of it's life there until it was sold in Miami in 2020 and shipped to Colorado where I bought it.

I would appreciate any information and thank you!

how about some pics of the interior that you are speaking of?

I believe I read somewhere (possibly on here) there were a number of Land Cruisers made/marketed for PR/Mexico, but I'm having trouble finding any information here or on the web. I also think I read that it's those particular vehicles that have the fuel tank recall issues for them?

I have a 1989 FJ62 with brown interior that's white with a tannish-brown stripe. I haven't seen that particular brown interior or white/tannish-brown stripe on any LC's I've seen in the US. I also understand my LC was bought in Puerto Rico and spent most of it's life there until it was sold in Miami in 2020 and shipped to Colorado where I bought it.

I would appreciate any information and thank you!

X2 on pictures. Never heard of any special FJ62 sold only in PR and Mexico. As for fuel tank recall believe all FJ60s and FJ62s had that recall. If that effected the BJ60 and HJ60/61 I don't know. In many markets the FJ62 started 11/84 in a carbuarated version. US started 8/87 in a fuel injected version with only the A440F automatic available transmission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom