Leather seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know what year model was the last to have real leather seats in the premium trim on the gx460? I was surprised to see that the 22 leather was only available in the luxury package. Was this always the case and I'm just confused?

Thanks in advance!

460 - Seating Material - Semi-Aniline Leather, Leather or Nuluxe : ‘10-’13 Premium Semi-Aniline Leather / ‘10-’13 Base with “Comfort Plus Package” - Semi-Aniline Leather / ‘10-’13 Base - Leather / ‘14+ Luxury Semi-Aniline Leather / ‘14-’18 Premium- Leather / ‘14+ Base - Nuluxe / ‘19 Premium Leather or Nuluxe depending on interior color choice / '20-'22 Base & Premium - Nuluxe / '21-'22 Premium Plus - Nuluxe / '20-'22 Luxury Semi-Aniline Leather

460 - Seating Material - Semi-Aniline Leather, Leather or Nuluxe : ‘10-’13 Premium Semi-Aniline Leather / ‘10-’13 Base with “Comfort Plus Package” - Semi-Aniline Leather / ‘10-’13 Base - Leather / ‘14+ Luxury Semi-Aniline Leather / ‘14-’18 Premium- Leather / ‘14+ Base - Nuluxe / ‘19 Premium Leather or Nuluxe depending on interior color choice / '20-'22 Base & Premium - Nuluxe / '21-'22 Premium Plus - Nuluxe / '20-'22 Luxury Semi-Aniline Leather

That makes me sad... how does it compare to actual leather in TX 100 degree days?

My car has the Nuluxe in dark grey, as it has heated and cooled seats I have no problem in Arizona.

I just tell the women I date it has vegetarian leather.

We'll see if it lasts longer than leather.

Nuluxe lasts a lot longer than real leather in my experience and it's easier to care for. Had it in my IS350 and would have it again anytime over real leather.

That makes me sad... how does it compare to actual leather in TX 100 degree days?
Just a suggestion, and I know the outside temp is still in triple digits, but when you park, tilt up your sun roof and crack your windows.
This will vent a lot of heat and have the interior temperature be closer to what the outside temperature is, instead of 20 to 30 degrees F hotter.
The biggest killer of interiors (read: dashes, seats, etc.) is the cycling of extreme hot and cold, especially extended levels of heat.
I know I'm repeating myself here for some of you, but as a medical device engineer, we have to do accelerated aging testing on all our products before public sale to prove our products are able to have a shelf life of "X" number of months or years.
How do they do that? We use a formula that calculates a temperature that would represent an extended length of time, say maybe 3 years. That calculation will determine who high a temperature and for how long to equal a product sitting on a shelf or in a warehouse for 3 years. These accelerated tests usually last only about 6 weeks at about 150° to determine shelf life for 3 years.
Now considering the above information I've just provided, what do you think you're doing when you lock up your vehicle with all the windows shut for hours at a time, every day in temperatures hot enough to fry an egg?
You are prematurely aging all your interior components!

Something to think about.
'nough said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom