94 fzj80 part identification. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

QuackAxel

SILVER Star
Threads
Bought this cruiser last summer. Motor had spun a crank bearing. In the process of pulling the old motor to rebuild. Ran into a canister that is tied into the intake vacuum. Not sure what it is for/does/needed?? And if it's not needed where do the hoses need to go if I scrap this thing? Is it suppose to remove moisture from the vacuum system?

I have searched and researched this thing without much luck. The company is still in business I believe... they are a local company and I have never heard of them.

Thanks again!

Pictures
Pictures

20220115_124032.jpg

20220115_124025.jpg

20220115_124021.jpg

20220115_124016.jpg

It’s a catch can. A funky one.

VERY funky. I like oil separators/catch cans.....but that one needed to go.

Something smaller and simpler is all that is needed.

OSep.jpg
Oil Sep1.jpg

Is it needed? Please explain.

NOT 'needed' per Toyota apparently. But I empty about the amount of oil you see in the pic above weekly and I don't drive my vehicle all that much. That amount of Oil/Vapor would be going right into your intake manifold to be burned in the cylinders. I don't see any need for that.

Combusting oil vapor vs capturing it has never made sense to me.

Toyota would probably agree....but no way would they install a catch can that requires the owner/other to check it (empty it) regularly.

The average driver doesn't even pop the hood to check the engine oil level. They just drive it until a warning light comes on or maybe hit a certain mileage and take it to a Quick Change Oil place.

Toyota would probably agree....but no way would they install a catch can that requires the owner/other to check it (empty it) regularly.

The average driver doesn't even pop the hood to check the engine oil level. They just drive it until a warning light comes on or maybe hit a certain mileage and take it to a Quick Change Oil place.
Exactly

Good on you for reviving her! When I got my cruiser there were plenty of janky fixes and many corners cut by POs. It made it difficult for me to know what was original to the vehicle and what was cobbled together and didn’t belong. This forum was a great resource to get her back to OE specs and config.

Last edited:
Yea I got it for $1300 so I'm not afraid to put a little money in it. It has 300k miles on it and bone stock. PO took really good care of it and I have the maintenance records back to 10k miles. The interior is the only reason it's not a parts rig. It's the cleanest 94 I have ever seen. The deeper and deeper I get the more "while your in there" things keep stacking up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom