PS front door will not open from inside or outside (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2014 LC that I have owned for 4 years. Haven't had any problems until now. The PS front door will not open using either handle inside or out. The door will lock and unlock with the remote and the lock button. You can pull on the handle from outside and there is not any resistance like the other doors.

I searched the forum looking for something similar but didn’t have much luck. How in the world am I going to be able to take the panel off with the door closed? Assume I will end up having other collateral damage here. Trying to minimize this as much as possible.

Break the window?
Take out the front seat and try to dismantle the door panel enough to stick my hand in to see if I can release the door catch?

thanks in advance. What a pain!!!

Last edited:
I have a 2014 LC that I haven’t owned for 4 years. Haven't had any problems until now. The PS front door will not open using either handle inside or out. The door will lock and unlock with the remote and the lock button. You can pull on the handle from outside and there is not any resistance like the other doors.

I searched the forum looking for something similar but didn’t have much luck. How in the world am I going to be able to take the panel off with the door closed? Assume I will end up having other collateral damage here. Trying to minimize this as much as possible.

Break the window?
Take out the front seat and try to dismantle the door panel enough to stick my hand in to see if I can release the door catch?

thanks in advance. What a pain!!!
I assume you mean, "...have owned for 4 years." ?

Take it to a dealer.

Call a locksmith and see if they have a tool that will open it. I understand it’s not a lock problem, but rather a latch release mechanism problem. If you get the door open, you can take the panel off to R&R the mechanism.

Since this is about this door, I'll jump in here with a little question.
My passenger door never wants to unlock when I open the car via the door handle. If I use the remote control it works most of the time and from the inside I can also open the door via the door in the driver's door.
Any idea?

Call AAA or a local tow company and get them to send someone out with a slimjim to see if that works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom