What did you do on your 70 series today? (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

so far I have never gotten close to 25-30mpg with my 12HT, lucky if I get 20-22mpg.

Most of our drives are pretty flat in elevation since we're on a plateau and I always kept the RPMs low.

Most of our drives are pretty flat in elevation since we're on a plateau and I always kept the RPMs low.
at 65mph my rpm's are around 2400-2450rpm, with 235/85/16 tires. When it's time to replace these I might go with the 255/85/16 as long as the ute still fits in the garage.

Anyone running similar speakers in their 70 Series? (“C” pillar in a 77 Series)
84B66213-26BE-4C4D-BB67-70360D6C09D3.jpeg

Anyone running similar speakers in their 70 Series? (“C” pillar in a 77 Series)

Not something I would do personally but then I don't even use the dash radio at all. Did you take that photo?

Not something I would do personally but then I don't even use the dash radio at all. Did you take that photo?
No, I did not take the photo. Just trying to see what my options are without having to cut a door panel.

Anyone running similar speakers in their 70 Series? (“C” pillar in a 77 Series)View attachment 2888544
It'd have to be a low profile to mount like that. You run a risk of getting beaned in the temple by the speaker in a wreck or roll. Not something you always plan for, but mounting hard or pointy objects near your head is probably something to avoid...The profile of the speakers in the pic. Doesn't look too bad.

It'd have to be a low profile to mount like that. You run a risk of getting beaned in the temple by the speaker in a wreck or roll. Not something you always plan for, but mounting hard or pointy objects near your head is probably something to avoid...The profile of the speakers in the pic. Doesn't look too bad.
They are mounted on the “C” pillar and it’s my understanding that the are tethered in place so they don’t fly around.

0.1 banana job, new corner lenses.
618B6B32-C5F0-4822-8AB7-0C6810487E38.jpeg
8F46DF96-18DC-4914-B30A-84B0D3DD5D02.jpeg
C2196B14-A8D6-4CBA-A019-DBCA44784C50.jpeg
9193624B-51E4-43F8-A45B-42EFBA5BF530.jpeg

FRP hard top to factory soft top conversion coming up VERY soon. As in maybe this weekend.

Last edited:
Similar....but different. I average 20mpg with my BJ74, and have gotten as high as 24mpg once. If he was getting 25+ on a 12HT troopy, he was doing quite well.
Wasn’t he quoting mileage in imperial gallons or was that someone else? If so that is a bit under 21 mpg in US gallons.

Very cool. The soft top is awesome 😎

We still need a newer build thread on this one. I love the windshield holders on the hood, but that’s over $200ish just for looks on my cruiser lol. I doubt I would ever fold the windshield down.
I would not recommend installing the windshield bumpers on a hood without the extra bracing , if you hit one good pothole or speedbump with the windshield down that hood will bend.

I would not recommend installing the windshield bumpers on a hood without the extra bracing , if you hit one good pothole or speedbump with the windshield down that hood will bend.

Oh I knew that about the bracing. I doubt I would put the windshield down, its just more I really like the look of the hoods with the bumpers on them. :cool:

Oh I knew that about the bracing. I doubt I would put the windshield down, its just more I really like the look of the hoods with the bumpers on them. :cool:

Those hood bumpers are like snorkels.....how often are they actually useful to the majority of 70 series owners? I mean look at the Jeep owners, have you ever seen a new'ish Jeep with the windshield down?

Those hood bumpers are like snorkels.....how often are they actually useful to the majority of 70 series owners? I mean look at the Jeep owners, have you ever seen a new'ish Jeep with the windshield down?

image.gif

It's at least better than pristine Rotopax plastered all over the side...I think

0b8def5f9b1fa29636f30371ef9b1a84.jpeg

View attachment 2892513

It's at least better than pristine Rotopax plastered all over the side...I think

lol...sorry @FJBen I am just as guilty adding stuff other people probably don't like. My post wasn't meant to offend. I forget who has snorkels or doesn't so I will just stay quiet going forward about them on the forum. 🤐

I see my share of apocalypse ready vehicles in San Antonio with rotopax type accessories every day. A lot of 4runners are set up this way at Toyota plant parking lot and never have a speck of dirt on them every time I see them which is every day. Hell of a daily commute vehicle.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom