Rear seat questions and differences thread for 55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here you go. I'm not sure of the year change, but the earlier ones like my two had a rod going through the back seat to release it. 68, 69, 70 and 71 at least had it this way.

This is the parts pig and the Mud Hen is the same. Japanese born/American raised.

IMG_4291.JPG

IMG_4292.JPG

I wish I were that good! What I find odd is the panel was made in order to add that recess at a later time. The floor rib stiffeners are incomplete there. Same goes for the rear seat belts. The early years have the three point mount made into the roof, but Toyota decided to cover them up and use lap belts instead. 🤷‍♂️

Ok... so to keep this going!!:flush:
What we have from blaster is a 73 w no bucket.
We have two 71's from Ron showing no bucket..
We have an unidentified year from SA showing no bucket.. However it has the tilt seats and third row,,, BUT..It also has additional floor mounted hinge supports for the tilt forward seats that you don't see on the USA models...
And we know FJ55 rear seat mechanisms were changed sometime between 72-73 model years???
Blaster, you got the additional mid row seat hinge supports on your pig?? Grins... and yes Im drinking a beer..

Ok... so to keep this going!!:flush:
What we have from blaster is a 73 w no bucket.
We have two 71's from Ron showing no bucket..
We have an unidentified year from SA showing no bucket.. However it has the tilt seats and third row,,, BUT..It also has additional floor mounted hinge supports for the tilt forward seats that you don't see on the USA models...
And we know FJ55 rear seat mechanisms were changed sometime between 72-73 model years???
Blaster, you got the additional mid row seat hinge supports on your pig?? Grins... and yes Im drinking a beer..
BTW my seat securing loop is the one on the left in above pic. LIM's!! :bang::bang:

I do like those pics Bob posted from SA (?) w the seats folded forward... I think I'd consider sourcing a couple more of those hinge supports and seats... ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom