Cargo Mat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiserinsanity

SILVER Star
Threads
What cargo mat is in your 60/62? I realize this topic has come up before but I didn’t find what I was looking for in thread search.
7FAB5CF1-84F0-4740-862A-35A770593F0B.jpeg

I’m looking for suggestions of rubber cargo mats that work as a replacement for the OEM FJ62 mat in this 1985 FJ60.

I have not purchased yet but was thinking of getting a Lloyd's Mat for $120 shipped. Just not sure if I want the Northridge or Rubbertite and which grey will look best. Leaning Dark Gray Northridge.

What specifically are you looking for that you didn’t find in the other posts about cargo mats? People have posted all sorts of pics of different rubber mats.

I put a set of these in my 60 ten yrs ago. Basically indestructable. Not a fan of the diamond plate pattern any more
so I changed it out. But it kept the interior intact and I could put anything on it. Non skid. Dogs didn't like it, hard on the butt
to sit, so they always stood.

I picked up a used 3/4" gym equipment mat for $30, made a cardboard-and-tape template of the back, and cut it to size. About a year and a half and it's been great. It's so thick that it quiets some road noise, helps keep the inside temps good, doesn't soak up oil or grease, and is indestructible. You couldn't kill this thing if you tried. Trust me, I went through a lot of razor blades cutting it!
C720C195-2932-4CD1-BE94-788FBD317B18.jpeg

After searching through this site and reading the posts, I went with Lloyd’s mats purchased through Cruiser Corps.

Pardon the mess, about 1/2-way through the interior refresh.
View attachment 2891740
I'll second the Lloyd mats rear cargo mat. Good stuff. Love it.

I picked up a used 3/4" gym equipment mat for $30, made a cardboard-and-tape template of the back, and cut it to size. About a year and a half and it's been great. It's so thick that it quiets some road noise, helps keep the inside temps good, doesn't soak up oil or grease, and is indestructible. You couldn't kill this thing if you tried. Trust me, I went through a lot of razor blades cutting it!
View attachment 2892153

Nice idea here.

I have the Lloyd's mat and added the Goose Gear rear floor plate. But. . .I'm curious if we could send the Lloyd's mat to a production facility (think China) and have them make a walled WeatherTech-like rear cargo liner? Hmm. . .might have to put an inquiry into Alibaba=)

And those seats are nice - center material looked like Scheel-Mann but the setback lines didn't...curious minds want to know.

I bought a Sandgrabba moulded cargo mat.

It's pretty good. Mine has sound deadener and carpet, so it sits pretty high.

I didn't even think of my rear aircon and there was no option for it.

So I had to cut the corner out so it would fit.

My last camping trip it rained the whole time and it only took a few minutes to clean at the end of the trip.

The clips don't fit real well, but like I said it's probably because of the sound deadener and factory carpet. I don't need the clips anyway.

I'd probably buy again if I had to.

20230429_172330.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom