Rear seat questions and differences thread for 55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Parts list is my bible not sure what you consider factual.

No seat lock well in the diagram here.

6E0D37DB-D9FA-4E3A-8D99-253D169D94C2.png

Last edited:
Parts list is my bible not sure what you consider factual.

No seat lock well in the diagram here.

View attachment 2886352
I'd be a 100% convinced if the Toyodiy pic was a 73. Unless I'm mistaken, that's a 79-80 diagram when the 55 had barn doors, allowing rear egress/ingress for passengers.. I'm very trusting of my eyes as you are, and you have 'eyes on'.. I'm getting on Toyodiy just to explore myself.. interesting question re the bucket.. either way, the D ring is useless for your setup... But I'd be looking for rear third row and bucket second row if you're correct.. That would be cool to see...

I'd be a 100% convinced if the Toyodiy pic was a 73. Unless I'm mistaken, that's a 79-80 diagram when the 55 had barn doors, allowing rear egress/ingress for passengers.. I'm very trusting of my eyes as you are, and you have 'eyes on'.. I'm getting on Toyodiy just to explore myself.. interesting question re the bucket.. either way, the D ring is useless for your setup... But I'd be looking for rear third row and bucket second row if you're correct.. That would be cool to see..
Use “other” for country and select 73’ and it is on the search under body. I’m relatively new to that site but it’s pretty basic and have been using parts lists for 30 years.
Either way a “other” truck has oddities that US spec trucks don’t have like the door pulls on the metal verse the arm rests in the door panel. I also believe my truck has a orignal paint scheme unlike any other published known colors. I’ve found the original colors here and there.

Here is a better view… I don’t know what TP is but the diagram is for all 55’s

C46AD9D0-1E5D-41D6-9ADF-303E13338BFB.png

Last edited:
🤔. And Pig is from where 🤔🐖.
I looked at my D ring yesterday. It bolts to the seat bottom, but it is welded perpendicular (upright) to the piece that bolts to the seat bottom.. The latch that bolts into the floor bucket adjusts to accommodate the D ring.. I was misreading what was welded...:frown::frown: No bucket.. No latch.. No D ring needed..

Curious yours does not have the bucket? What year? Australia?
Yes it has the D Ring and recessed bucket for the clasp. 1979 Australian FJ55 (barn doors)
20210524064735-b92770c6-la.jpg

I'm totally confused (nothing new). Are you looking for a pig without the bucket for the rear seat? Neither one of my 71s have it. Do you need a picture?

I'm totally confused (nothing new). Are you looking for a pig without the bucket for the rear seat? Neither one of my 71s have it. Do you need a picture?
Please send in pics. Yes looking for that exact detail. Also, do you know your country of origin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom