Little horn on RHS fenderwell engine bay / relay? what is that for? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
Sorry, rushing to get this done before dark...

so I disconnected the 2 front horns and pulled the horn fuse from the box on the LHS passenger well. Disconnected the battery and turned up the voltage on the battery cables with a variable power supply, and at around 7V I hear some clicking near the engine front (?) (relay?) and there was a light honking sound. I look around and I see what looks like a small horn on the RHS fenderwell near the big resistor for the fuel pump. It says Denso on it and looks OEM. What is that for? Could that possibly be for an OEM alarm? I don't recall there was such a thing. Was there? And where is that relay?

what alarm? Is that an OEM theft alarm or for an alarm for various engine etc issues?

I know there is a security / immobilizer system OEM on the truck but I didn't remember that would activate a horn when triggered. Does it? Would make sense actually.

what alarm? Is that an OEM theft alarm or for an alarm for various engine etc issues?

I know there is a security / immobilizer system OEM on the truck but I didn't remember that would activate a horn when triggered. Does it? Would make sense actually.
Security/anti-theft alarm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom