Max tire size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know this has been ask 1000 times, but even with all my searching I cant find my answer.

I have a 99 Land Cruiser with 2 inch lift, off road bumpers, and I also have a set of Tundra 18 inch rims. What is the best and largest tire recommended with all of the experience in this group.

On tundra 18's you can fit 295/70/18 or 285/75/18 with a little trimming and the pinch weld mod. You may also have to remove the washer fluid cover or slightly move/relocate the washer bottle. I also suggest buying some new extended front bumpstops either from Timbren or Wheelers Offroad.
Here is my 99 with an IronMan FCP lift kit, Tundra Steelies, Toyo MT 295/70/18 tires, and Bora 1.25 inch spacers.

What he’s saying is that a lift on these trucks, doesn’t give anymore actual lift. It’s simply changing the position the truck sits in relation to without, for the front.

You can get lift in the rear, but even then, half the springs aren’t taller, just heavier rating allowing less compression with ge truck and gear, and keeping you up.

You aren’t gaining any real travel in the front, but you can gain some ground clearance. But even then, the only thing you’re changing is where the body of the truck ride, without doing things for added droop and such.

Basically, lift looks cool, 33 fit well. 34 fit okay ish with some reports of wiper bottle, bump stops, pinch weld.

Again, pretty detailed Info and thread about all this in he post labeled “FAQ”. That should give you some more in depth links and info.

On tundra 18's you can fit 295/70/18 or 285/75/18 with a little trimming and the pinch weld mod. You may also have to remove the washer fluid cover or slightly move/relocate the washer bottle. I also suggest buying some new extended front bumpstops either from Timbren or Wheelers Offroad.
Here is my 99 with an IronMan FCP lift kit, Tundra Steelies, Toyo MT 295/70/18 tires, and Bora 1.25 inch spacers.

How do you like the tires? The size, not the brand or anything.

I’m debating on what size to throw on, and somehow this size escaped me u til I read your post. This is right around where I wanted to be.

How do you like the tires? The size, not the brand or anything.

I’m debating on what size to throw on, and somehow this size escaped me u til I read your post. This is right around where I wanted to be.
I could never go back to a smaller tire if that's what you're asking. I would like to get some lighter weight wheels though. The steelies are about 30 lbs a piece or so and with MT's the total weight is around 100 at each wheel. I have no issues with this size and yes, a lift does make it possible to run taller tires. Without it, there is no way these would fit without busting out the sawzall.

I could never go back to a smaller tire if that's what you're asking. I would like to get some lighter weight wheels though. The steelies are about 30 lbs a piece or so and with MT's the total weight is around 100 at each wheel. I have no issues with this size and yes, a lift does make it possible to run taller tires. Without it, there is no way these would fit without busting out the sawzall.
Awesome. I’m on stock 18s so this is good to hear.

I didn’t mean to imply you don’t get a little more clearance. Just clarifying that the lift moves the body up, but doesn’t change the restrictions that limit the bigger tires. Obviously it can be done and the lift helped you clear some things, I was just clarifying what was stated about the lift on the 100 in reference to a traditional lift.

Thanks man!

Thanks for this info. Did you do the spacers because of rubbing or just to set the wheels out further for looks?

Thanks for this info. Did you do the spacers because of rubbing or just to set the wheels out further for looks?
I already had spacers installed and never tried without so I don't know if they would rub.

One last question, did you have to beat your pinch welds and such?
I cut horizontal slits in the pinch weld with a pneumatic cut-off wheel about every 1/2 inch or so and then folded them over with a hammer. Not my pic but an example of what I did.
pinchweld.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom