94 Charcoal Canister vent tube mounting location? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

effjay80

SILVER Star
Threads
Few years back I replaced my 94 OEM dead canister with the duralast which worked fine but sadly had a recent structural failure. I'm replacing the replacement with the AC Delco unit and would like to restore the original vent tube *bracket* to the frame rail, which I pulled and removed at the time thinking I'll never need this again.

I don't recall where this tube and bracket attaches down there and would greatly appreciate if someone could snap a quick pic to remind me. Read some threads, read the FSM and watched some You Tubes but can't find. Sorry trouble and thank you and Happy New Year.

20211226_104835.jpg

I looked at my 94 to try to help but I can’t see where it goes. It starts at the canister and routes under my fuse panel and I can’t see where it goes from there.

Make sure it routes down the back of the firewall, otherwise you may smell gas while driving.

If I remember correctly it tucks inside the chassis leg under the fuse box. I don't recall if the there is a clip or something to hold it in place.

There's a bracket on the frame with a metal tube that sticks up. That hose attaches to the metal tube.

Thank you all - got it. Yep the bracket is p/n 77779-60010. Bolts to the inside frame with a barb for attaching the hose to vent out. The Duralast 120 worked fine but the bottom seems to have broken off.

Yep the bracket is p/n 77779-60010
I don't think that fits a '94, at least not originally.

I'm 95% sure this is where mine terminates (also '94)
1641575854028.png

1641575767947.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom