2004 GX470 rear body mounts rusted badly. Need help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am new here and have searched the page for a solution to fix badly deteriorated rear body mounts due to rust but can’t find what I am looking for. I need to find a way to fix and or repair these two rear mounts. Oddly the rest are fine. I don’t want to take the body off and spend a bunch of money so looking for a way to do with the body on. This is my hunting truck. 116k miles. Came from New York. I got a good deal on it and knew this was a problem. Is there any epoxy available to just seal them in the way they are? Any and all suggestions are very much appreciated. Thanks everyone! Excuse my ignorance lol.

Can you post pictures of the rust?

In progress rust can be stopped by isolating it from water/air. If it is just rusty but still OK structurally, I'd just hit it up with a slathering of Fluid Film and treat it yearly or so to keep it from getting much worse.

If the mount is already structurally compromised such that it's in danger of failing, it should probably be rebuilt. If that is a case, being a hunting truck, I'd take it to a welder and see what he can fabricate as a repair in-place.

To add to this, has anyone installed frame hole inserts on their GX? (Referring to the factory holes that are easily seen near the front suspension). I've seen people do it on 4runners but not so much gxs

To add to this, has anyone installed frame hole inserts on their GX? (Referring to the factory holes that are easily seen near the front suspension). I've seen people do it on 4runners but not so much gxs

You mean frame plugs?

If so, yes. I used a OEM kit for Tacomas on a 4Runner and my GX. Most current Toyotas ship from factory with frame hole plugs as Toyota acknowledges its a route for contaminants or road salt to enter.

The Tacoma kit covers all the holes in the front wheel wells and on the inside sections of that area of frame. It won’t be enough to do all the rearward holes and there’s a few odds and ends plugs you can put wherever they fit.

Or you can just duct tape the holes.

See this thread and part number:
04007-23234

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom