'89 ARB bullbar on a '84 hj60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
G'day guys, I'm looking into buying a nice alloy ARB bullbar with the side scrub bars. This bullbar came off a '89 60 and I am not sure if it'll fit my, earlier '84 hj60. If it doesn't fit, what can you do, can you make up some sort of bracket or spacer?
Cheers

These guys would know

AFAIK, the basic frames for all the 60’s (FJ, BJ, HJ) and 62s were the same. If it fit on an 89, you may have to cobble a few brackets but it should be a breeze fitting it.
Making stuff fit is half the fun on these rigs, and the best way to learn them!
I have an alloy old east coast bullbar that I put on my 84 bj60, love it! Mounted a winch tray straight to the frame rails so theres no tensile loading of the bull bar.

AFAIK, the basic frames for all the 60’s (FJ, BJ, HJ) and 62s were the same. If it fit on an 89, you may have to cobble a few brackets but it should be a breeze fitting it.
Making stuff fit is half the fun on these rigs, and the best way to learn them!
I have an alloy old east coast bullbar that I put on my 84 bj60, love it! Mounted a winch tray straight to the frame rails so theres no tensile loading of the bull bar.
Thanks mate greatly appreciated

I don't think the frame is any different so I would say it should be a direct fit. However, I got my ARB bumper off a Nissan Patrol and that did need to be modified, but any competent welder with some fab skills can make it fit.

In the US, the 62s have a slightly taller OEM chrome bumper that bolts to taller mounting "wings" riveted to the frame. ARB includes round spacers with new bumpers to make up the difference (1"-ish) when bolting to the 60 bumper mounting wings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom