Charleston area shops / mechanics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Who knows the LC's the best in this area? I need to have some warranty work done on the airbox recirc damper. From reading on here, I think the whole airbox will need to be replaced, requiring dash removal, etc. I don't want this done wrong and am fearful of ratttles, etc. after the work. Planning on just going to Hendrick, but not feeling like they work on many LC's. Anybody have thoughts or opinions.

Lextech is top notch and has provided me with great service. There is always at least 1 cruiser parked there when I drive by and they have Yota/Lexus techs on staff. I would start there.

Also, Brad Baker at Import Auto Solutions knows his way around the 100 series and maybe other models. He's on maybank on JI.

Lextech is top notch and has provided me with great service. There is always at least 1 cruiser parked there when I drive by and they have Yota/Lexus techs on staff. I would start there.

Also, Brad Baker at Import Auto Solutions knows his way around the 100 series and maybe other models. He's on maybank on JI.
Thanks, I'll stop by there.

Lextech is great, but DAMN are they expensive now.

I called and spoke to someone there. Pretty much told me I'm better off at the dealer for my recirc damper issue.

@excessive last I was there (a couple years ago?) it was $100/hour versus $150 at the dealer. Is this still the case? $100/hour is a lot of beer to drink with money left over for new tools!

Glenn at LexTech wont work o anything older than 10 years old. He is hurting so bad for help and working his ass off now more than ever. I wouldnt be surprised if he closed up shop.

Glenn at LexTech wont work o anything older than 10 years old. He is hurting so bad for help and working his ass off now more than ever. I wouldnt be surprised if he closed up shop.
He always seems to be busy with the parking lot always full.... Didnt realize he was hurting

What about simple fab work like a body mount chop? Anyone know a local shop that could handle a little job like that for me?

Ill second lextech. they're always straightforward and don't try to upsell anything. even being expensive, they've saved us plenty of money over the dealership. I at least can trust their work. we just had ours in the shop there a couple of weeks ago.

What about simple fab work like a body mount chop? Anyone know a local shop that could handle a little job like that for me?
did you try asking that welding shop on Main road near the tomato shed? there's also a guy on the Facebooks (ole buck welding) that seems like he'd be down to do that job. His number is (843) 901-9670. He's on Johns Island as well I believe.

Any recommendations for alignment shops that can do it the old way? Many of the local shops in the area have turned me away because my vehicle is imported and ancient.
1995 LC Prado KZJ78 1kz-te
Screenshot_20230210_051749_Gallery.jpg

@Rawloh44 - not certain about shops in the Beaufort area - but there are 2 spots on Ice House Rd where you could stop and ask. 2 Ice House Rd has a mobile mechanic named Ryan Nans (843) 597-1406 and across the street is a fella that has a TON of old trucks / jeeps / mud buggy’s etc…. I forget his name, but he may be able to help also. I bought an Warn 8274 from him years ago. His gate is often closed. Ryan knows him also.

@Rawloh44 - not certain about shops in the Beaufort area - but there are 2 spots on Ice House Rd where you could stop and ask. 2 Ice House Rd has a mobile mechanic named Ryan Nans (843) 597-1406 and across the street is a fella that has a TON of old trucks / jeeps / mud buggy’s etc…. I forget his name, but he may be able to help also. I bought an Warn 8274 from him years ago. His gate is often closed. Ryan knows him also.
@ErikinSC thanks for the info I'll definitely reach out in the morning. Cheers!

I saw someone mention Bradley on Maybank, he has been moved out of that location his number is the same and he is doing mobile work from my understanding

i just called Japanese Import Pros about replacing the master and slave clutch Cylinder, but my 1987 is out of the date range they want to work on. i have the parts and i get them not wanting to use parts i get but i spoke with someone there about a month ago and they were willing to work on the old boy. my how times have changed so quickly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom