$800 for 1” of Lift? Other Options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my current lift was not designed to handle the weight of a 4plus rear bumper and a 40 gal fuel tank.

According to my measurements, I’m at 2” of lift at both ends, but that’s with zero gear in the back or on top.

I have priced out OME rear springs but when all is said and done with shipping it’s going to cost around $800 for rear springs only, not including installation.

I haven’t found any shackles that would get me the 1” I need, as my current ones are 4.75” pin to pin, on center. The tallest ones I have found are 5.25” pin to pin.

Are there any options anyone is aware of? I’d rather put the $800 into a front bumper, though it won’t raise the rear, it will bring down the front to eaven out both ends.

Thank you!

search for information on add-a-leafs

That’s the thing about big bolt on bumpers - gotta replace the springs too because of the weight.

What kind of leafs do you have? OME D2XL is a long add a leaf designed to increase the payload capacity of your leaf pack. It installs into your leaf pack and they run at around $29 a pop at Cruiser Outfitters. When you do your front bumper, the front add a leafs part number is OME D1XL. For all 4 corners thats $116 so that would leave you about $684 for that front bumper of yours.

Last edited:
search for information on add-a-leafs
The lift is HFS brand from Cool Cruisers of Texas. I put this lift on it soon after purchase in 2005 with little research. Not a bad lift system, I just hadn't planned ahead for the additional weight of the rear bumper and double size fuel tank. AALs aren't really an option. I've already had a local spring shop add a leaf or two and it's still the same.
That’s the thing about big bolt on bumpers - gotta replace the springs too because of the weight.
Yep, see above.

I believe I found a good solution. Air bags, but the ones that seem to work the best are a bit expensive. Probably in the $395 range plus shipping. May be worth it for a plug n play and adaptable solution. Vary ride height depending on load.

Boss Air Suspension. See this thread describing install and usefulness:

LA-09-Multi-Fit-Airbag-Kit-1024x681-1-wpp1613968969506.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom