What did you get your 80 for Christmas? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

0258D957-45B9-4B8C-B392-75DBD61746AE.jpeg

Here’s shipment 1 of 3 to gather parts for my repaint. Shipment 2 is inbound and shipment 3 is still waiting for departure. Merry Christmas, you filthy animals.

Edit:
Btw these shouldn’t be such a PITA to attain but that left rear moulding was the worst.

Pricing for these are best through Partsouq if you can find them all available at the same time. I could not, so I priced mine together from all over.

Interesting find though, partsouq shipping for some moulding is only $13.58 while other moulding of the same dimensions are $40+ so ship wisely.

Last edited:
Heavy dut stewring links from marlin crawler…don’t know when they will arrive…so in the meantime i installed a ac delco charcoal canister and finished jinstakljng my arp hub studs in the rear axle and tightened up my nut huggers

This thread needs more pics. I bought myself the 80 for Christmas last week.

The 80 is getting the following:
New drivers window weatherstrip
CDL Button
New Toyota hood and hatch struts
ARB front bumper

And hopefully for Valentines:
Lift to be decided (ARB, Dobinsons or Slinky Icon).
Rear Kaymar Bumper
Air compressor
35's, Regear to 4.88 and Harrop Elockers.

unless someone talks me out of it.

View attachment 2868074
@SpenserAK where did you get the mudflaps? I'd also like to find some not designed for running boards so I can custom fit new sliders into them.
Can't wait to see the Kaymar. My Kaymar is from 2010 I think. Still badass and I love it!

Cup holder for blank space above radio.
New driver visor
Spartan rear auto locker

Last edited:
New body bushings and a 1" body lift and a good cleaning in all those hidden places required to do the job.

I got an 80! Finally!

Has a blown head gasket, But I have a good motor and transmission, so i'm good to go. One lower door has slight rust, nothing bad, but I already bought some dry, rust free AZ doors I will replace them with. Need a hatch and then I am ready for body and paint.

Color change time. :bounce2::bounce2::bounce2::bounce::bounce::bounce:

IMG_0703.jpg

I got an 80! Finally!

Has a blown head gasket, But I have a good motor and transmission, so i'm good to go. One lower door has slight rust, nothing bad, but I already bought some dry, rust free AZ doors I will replace them with. Need a hatch and then I am ready for body and paint.

Color change time. :bounce2::bounce2::bounce2::bounce::bounce::bounce:

View attachment 2875793
This is badass. I can’t tell what color it is. Is it black? What color are you changing it to??

This is badass. I can’t tell what color it is. Is it black? What color are you changing it to??
It’s that green metallic. Haven’t decided on the new color yet. When I pull the old motor, I can paint the engine compartment though.

It’s that green metallic. Haven’t decided on the new color yet. When I pull the old motor, I can paint the engine compartment though.

Dude, I just ordered all the rest of my weatherstripping and rubber for everything. I’m still trying to find excuses to send my rig to you. I want a color change, my wife and kids want to keep the metallic green. Life’s tough.

Dude, I just ordered all the rest of my weatherstripping and rubber for everything. I’m still trying to find excuses to send my rig to you. I want a color change, my wife and kids want to keep the metallic green. Life’s tough.
Haha! Color change is fun though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom