FJ62 outer window weather strips??? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Having trouble finding replacement "door belts" or weather strips that work with the factory chrome molding. Bought a set on ebay, but they don't work with the OEM molding. They are are meant to replace the molding. Seems like simple parts to find, but I have looked and looked. Any suggestions? Needing a set for all 4 doors.

Hard to find. City Racer has outer rubber ones. No chrome.

Pretty sure the original chrome version is not available. Most 60 owners have been going with the rubber version from Toyota or per @ceylonfj40nut recommendation above. I did the replacement and no complaints.

I have the original chrome molding, and door belts. I was thinking I could simply replace the door belts and reuse the chrome molding…….. has anyone done it this way??

Thanks

Are you talking about the window felts that seal the lower edge of the window against the door?
No: I was able to get my hands on new OEM interior window felts For all 4 doors after a lot of searching.

I’m referring to the outer window weather strip that attaches to the door, and presses against the glass on all four doors. The chrome molding is a must keep IMO. So I’m searching for the soft component of these exterior window trims. I gather Toyota sold the hard and soft component as a single unit. Just a guess.

anyone know where I can find the original OEM Clips that hold on the outer window felt using the OEM chrome trim. Or a clip that will work?

Profitt has some interesting things to say about this. I don't know what anyone is talking about since I haven't gotten into this before but I thought I'd share it

Profitt has some interesting things to say about this. I don't know what anyone is talking about since I haven't gotten into this before but I thought I'd share it

Thanks. I’n the link he talks about the inner window felts. While these to are NA from Toyota, with a lot of luck and even more online searching, you can still find the inner felts. I collected all 4 New, OEM inners from two or three different suppliers.

The outer felts are another story. These seem to be long gone, and the only aftermarket parts available are sold with clips that are intended to eliminate the chrome molding. The molding and the felt strip were sold as one assembled unit by Toyota. I have a new beefy set of the aftermarket outer felts that will work with the original molding after doing away with the worn out felt strip that came attached to it, but this only works with the original OEM clips, which I don’t have. I actually have one, I found on the floor of the rig as a stripped out the interior. So I’m able to test it out ans confirm, these do work with the aftermarket felts strips. All the rest of the clip I have are the aftermarket clips that won’t work with the molding. I did my best to modify the Aftermarket clips In an effort to retro fit them to the molding. Failed. The aftermarket plastic is cheap and too brittle. I ended up shattering a dozen of them before throwing in the towel.

So I’m searching high and low for the OEM clips, with are NA, and seem to be long gone just like the OEM Felt/Chrome molding assembly.

Anyone else know of a source???

Last edited:
You would think someone could 3D print these pretty quickly. I'm in the middle of replacing my outer felts with the CityRacer ones, but I am fortunate that I was able to keep the plastic clips from my HJ donor rig. I do have some of the steel ones left though, but they are kinda rusty. I'm actually short one plastic clip, but I have a broken one that just needs the little tab that clicks into the door that I could send to anyone looking to 3D print them. @ChaserFJ60 ?

You would think someone could 3D print these pretty quickly. I'm in the middle of replacing my outer felts with the CityRacer ones, but I am fortunate that I was able to keep the plastic clips from my HJ donor rig. I do have some of the steel ones left though, but they are kinda rusty. I'm actually short one plastic clip, but I have a broken one that just needs the little tab that clicks into the door that I could send to anyone looking to 3D print them. @ChaserFJ60 ?
Yeah I could probably help you out with that! The plastic I use is 10x more UV resistant than ABS so it would be well suited for this purpose.

Here are the clips in question:
4335CCCE-2037-4551-87A5-61DE96E4AEE7.jpeg
845FDAE3-EE82-4DB9-A45C-CD1A8F1788E0.jpeg

Yeah I could probably help you out with that! The plastic I use is 10x more UV resistant than ABS so it would be well suited for this purpose.
Chaser, if you are going make a shot run of these. Count me in! I’ll happily pay for 30 of them. I think by FJ 62 only needs 16-20, but it can’t hurt to have a few extra.

I'm doing doors at the moment (in Sydney). I had both types of clips shown above, both which I managed to remove, but damn if I can get them back on. The shape of the plastic one, seems to indicate an SST but the FSM does not mention them. I'm desperate not to bust them, I may have succeeded, but then some popped off, when finishing up the window. On the rear doors I found a 3rd type which is similar plastic, but seems to have an extra clip function, that is clamping on the that square hole in the metal rail thingy. I cant even remove them!! Anyone have any tips? i did have some luck soaking them in boiling water to soften them up.

Hey Ken @georgebj60 , I must be doing something wrong here. The way I have the clips on (bought from cruiser head) I can’t see how they work. Do I use a screwdriver and press them into the holes? Flipped one around and it takes the clip further away from the hole. Or do they not clip in the hole but rather below the lip (see arrow). Could not find any installation directions on the website.

F9E0913A-5547-4E3B-8E2C-F66895C8ADAF.jpeg

3404F045-97E7-4B71-B5AE-77DC551A729F.jpeg

50FE7471-9D4C-4A71-A6D1-E05B16BB96C1.jpeg

Never mind Ken. I figured it out. The clip goes below the lip. Not the same way Toyota did it. Challenge is this outer strip keeps coming off and getting jammed

11157CC5-437B-4826-BBDB-EA24149BD7BA.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom