Weird beeping noise upon startup ? Anybody else get this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 83 FJ60 that has low miles (182000). It’s always been well maintained and runs and drives great. I use it daily although living in Ouray, don’t put huge mileage on it. Anyway, I hear a beeping noise coming from the passeger side under the dash. It beeps 10-15 times in a 7-8 second timeframe. Sounds like a dump truck backing up kinda. I have a relatively new battery and have had to jump start it a couple times the last few days. Weird, it seems to hold a charge mostly. The beeps aren’t coming out of my aftermarket stereo either. I’ve noticed this beeping sound for a couple weeks and it only occurs when I turn the key to on, whether I try to start it or not. Goes off whether I had to jump it or not too. Anybody else have heard of these beeps and what they mean? I can post a video of it I guess.

Seatbelt warning I believe. The beeper is a little module you can unplug. I unplugged my module many decades ago so I can’t recall exactly what it looks like.

Fasten the seatbelt before turning on the ignition and see if that gets rid of it.

Seatbelt warning I believe. The beeper is a little module you can unplug. I unplugged my module many decades ago so I can’t recall exactly what it looks like.

Fasten the seatbelt before turning on the ignition and see if that gets rid of it.
Sure enough, that did it. Weird that it decides to start working after owning it for 5 years. I also have a non working rear wiper although it will decide to work every year to two. I guess there is a electrical gremlin that decided to rear it’s head after 38 years. It runs great though and I use it as my daily driver. My 40 spends a lot of time garaged. Thanks for the heads up! Duh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom