ignition key cylinder install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Having an issue getting my key ignition cylinder installed to the column.

I should be the correct year but I just can't get it to go the last 20% into the column.

I do appear to have it lined up correctly with the inserted key rotated to align the "receiving notch" and the pin depressed.

Before using brute force or risk doing something wrong I just wanted to see if there might be a trick or if there might be an issue with my model year matching the cylinder.

Any advise or thoughts?

IMG_2963.jpeg
IMG_2966.jpeg
IMG_2964.jpeg

Having an issue getting my key ignition cylinder installed to the column.

I should be the correct year but I just can't get it to go the last 20% into the column.

I do appear to have it lined up correctly with the inserted key rotated to align the "receiving notch" and the pin depressed.

Before using brute force or risk doing something wrong I just wanted to see if there might be a trick or if there might be an issue with my model year matching the cylinder.

Any advise or thoughts?

View attachment 2855930View attachment 2855931View attachment 2855932

- Is this a LOCKING or NON Locking Column ?

- DO u have the KEY in the ACC Position or the OFF Position or Another Position ?

- Is this a BJ4# with a GLOW Feature Step by chance , DIESEL ?

8CB14712-072C-42BD-A496-586B2448A53A - Copy.jpeg

- Copy1.jpg

ignbition locking column - Copy.jpg

THIS IS A LOCKING TYPE COLUMN BELOW : , see the small Black Pust Button atop the column Cover there.......

IgnSwitch2.jpg

Last edited:
PLEASE DO NOT USE Brute Force , this is NOT required in any way shape or form , otherwise this will happen ........

NO NO ! :confused:

1638705845984.png

Thanks Matt.

Non-locking and it is in the ACC position. Standard US 1974 fj40 but mine never had locking (atleast since I purchased in the late 80s)

Based on your pictures I wonder if that is related.

Could it still work with a locking cylinder?

The rubber push pad for the locking button does seem to be what makes it tight. Could that rubber insert be removed?

Thanks Matt.

Non-locking and it is in the ACC position. Standard US 1974 fj40 but mine never had locking (atleast since I purchased in the late 80s)

Based on your pictures I wonder if that is related.

Could it still work with a locking cylinder?

The rubber push pad for the locking button does seem to be what makes it tight. Could that rubber insert be removed?

are you available for as brief , but important LIVE TECH call like right now via my SHOP HOT LINE ?

i can explain a heck of alot better in under 60 seconds to u in person then text typing too much like way way too munch TECH here ?

PM sent ,

LETS get Your SHOW PONY on the Road now , today Jack Flash Fast ...........

i know exactly the issue and the quickie tech u need to apply here

incoming PM

stand by .................

1638715066184.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom