Minnesota Troopy's - 79-84 / HJ47's - anyone have one....Bueller......Bueller...... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

buckroseau

May I have another!!!
SILVER Star
Threads
Hello,

Question for the group. Looking for a Troopy owner in Minnesota, preferably near the Minneapolis area. Running / not running, either is all good. I'm looking to befriend somone so I can reference a few things on your rig.

If you know of someone or are that person, please post and let me know. We can connect!

Thanks, Matt

Welcome back. Sure hope these is a resto thread coming. Maybe check with poser he probably knows the area best.

Welcome back. Sure hope these is a resto thread coming. Maybe check with poser he probably knows the area best.
Thanks, it's been about 10 years or so. I've got the hash pipe thread started, if and when I get going again I will start posting on that thread.

Must be getting cold up in Minnesota. Retreating back to the shop! Looking forward to more education!;)

Matt,

I bought your troopy body from Todd at aqualu about ten years ago! Nice to see you back here again. I have an 81 hj47 troopy if you have any questions or need any pictures.

Matt,

I bought your troopy body from Todd at aqualu about ten years ago! Nice to see you back here again. I have an 81 hj47 troopy if you have any questions or need any pictures.
That's great to hear, glad it went to a good home! I'd love to have that body back at the moment, at least for about a year. Make things a lot easier.

I haven't been here in a while.....as I mentioned above, about 10 years or so.. I'm curious if traffic on this site / group is as much as it used to be back in the day? Facebook was a thing 10 plus years ago, but i'ts obviously more of a thing now. And, with all the facebook groups that exist today I'm wondering if that has cut into the interaction and content people have / provide on ih8mud.com. Even ih8mud has a facebook page. Not the topic of this thread, but just wondering people's thoughts.

Thanks, Matt

Matt,

I don’t do Facebook but have loved and read your builds. I’m hoping to work on an LV myself but several cruisers here and just finished a huge house project. I’m on here reading quite a bit in the 45 and 55 section to learn before tackling my project.
Jason

Most of us old timers (wow i can actually say that now) would prefer the simplicity of a thread on mud for educational purposes and to share tech, part numbers, how to etc.. I read and re-read your FJ45 truck and LV wagon build many times and it helped me. Plus to find the rare parts we tend to stick together in this little section. Facebook gets lost if you don't log in on a regular basis. I try a little facebook but seems pretty political and all touchy feely. Here we can miss a week or a month and still catch up on what we actually want to catch up on. Facebook seems more instant gratification, mud seems more permanent. Not that we will have internal combustion engines forever but probably thru my/your lifetime. We are all keeping dinosaurs alive here.. and the next generation won't be able to afford them or want them anyway. ..
My vote is keep your thread alive and keep on keeping on. Do some cross posting and see which you prefer and or get the most assistance from.
Just let us know.

1638224163735.png

Most of us old timers (wow i can actually say that now) would prefer the simplicity of a thread on mud for educational purposes and to share tech, part numbers, how to etc.. I read and re-read your FJ45 truck and LV wagon build many times and it helped me. Plus to find the rare parts we tend to stick together in this little section. Facebook gets lost if you don't log in on a regular basis. I try a little facebook but seems pretty political and all touchy feely. Here we can miss a week or a month and still catch up on what we actually want to catch up on. Facebook seems more instant gratification, mud seems more permanent. Not that we will have internal combustion engines forever but probably thru my/your lifetime. We are all keeping dinosaurs alive here.. and the next generation won't be able to afford them or want them anyway. ..
My vote is keep your thread alive and keep on keeping on. Do some cross posting and see which you prefer and or get the most assistance from.
Just let us know.
Good feedback, just curious what people are thinking. I maybe am remembering incorrectly, or just reminiscing a little bit. Seems like in the 2005 - 2010 ish era (LV thread was almost 17 years ago??) we were really rocking and rolling there for a while, maybe it's the same (or not), just the way I remembered it.

My plan right now is to try to re-start the, "hash pipe" thread. Quite a few things have changed since I left off, all good. I would really like to connect with a troopy owner semi locally though. My nature is to have a plan in place before I start anything and that would really, really help being able to reference one, if and when it re-starts.

Thanks, Matt

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom