Water Pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been losing anti-freeze little by little over the summer until now. Pulled it out of the garage the other day and it was a steady stream. Looked like the water pump was seeping on the driver side and dripping from the little vacuum switch that screws in. Ordered what I could today from the dealer but needed to know if I had an oil cooler? Didn't know that was a thing? Looks easy to decipher and find on previous threads. Anyone with good advice before I start in would always be appreciated.

Yes, some 2Fs had an oil cooler. Starting mid 70s i think. Little box low on passenger side of block, in front of the dizzy. 2 water hoses running to it. Oil filter mounts to it IIRC. I got rid of mine long ago. Difference in the water pump is an extra port for the hose.

A29CEC95-3DE1-4EE1-AE2B-7610710EB73B.jpg
Do people normally restore the thermostat housings or do they just put them back together as/is

Been losing anti-freeze little by little over the summer until now. Pulled it out of the garage the other day and it was a steady stream. Looked like the water pump was seeping on the driver side and dripping from the little vacuum switch that screws in. Ordered what I could today from the dealer but needed to know if I had an oil cooler? Didn't know that was a thing? Looks easy to decipher and find on previous threads. Anyone with good advice before I start in would always be appreciated.

is this what u have going on leaking ?

if so ?

i have your repair parts solution OEM toyota genuine parts

bvsv3-jpg.19772

bvsv1-jpg.19773

imageuploadedbyih8mud-forum1429673457-151063-jpg.1065342

imageuploadedbyih8mud-forum1429673471-208444-jpg.1065343

I think that is it. So hard to see with everything attached. Sounds like there is switch 1 and switch 2 at our dealerships parts dept and 1 of them was no longer available. Nice thing is that winter is coming and i have nothing but time. Hopefully dig in tomorrow.

I think that is it. So hard to see with everything attached. Sounds like there is switch 1 and switch 2 at our dealerships parts dept and 1 of them was no longer available. Nice thing is that winter is coming and i have nothing but time. Hopefully dig in tomorrow.

i keep BOTH #1 and #2 instock and ready to ship out to you

please PM me

thanks

matt

Excuse my ignorance. Do I need to tip the front down and remove the radiator to replace the water pump. Seems like it would be simpler without the radiator/shroud in the way

Excuse my ignorance. Do I need to tip the front down and remove the radiator to replace the water pump. Seems like it would be simpler without the radiator/shroud in the way
I'd highly suggest removing the radiator to replace the water pump, as well as leaning the front bib down. Also, if replacing the water pump, now would be a good time to replace any old radiator hoses.

IMG_4139.jpg

Another tip, be sure to install the fan belts before installing the fan and especially before reinstalling the radiator. :)

Removed the bib. Didn't want to tip down. Is this wiring covering oem. Never seen white?
Not factory. Toyota never used a wire covering. They wrapped the wire bundles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom