Anyone using X2 Power batteries? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought the 27F X2 Friday, for my Sequoia. I have a Northstar in my Tundra and wanted another but the price is significantly higher than last year. I searched best AGM & found the X2 on Consumer Reports as their #1 recommendation. I used the 10% off and had a Honey coupon that got me 70 bucks back (eventually) making it a no brainer for 260 out the door (eventually)

I have this battery with the Slee tray. Good thus far. Only real taxing of the battery has been running an Edgestar fridge x2 nights with minimal driving the the day between. No issues.

I will say the battery posts are a bit tall in combination with the Slee tray and hit the hood silencer pad.
Same question from me, did you need to do anything to clear the hood? I just finished my install and although my preliminary test fitment allowed the hood to close (with some indentation of the hood pad), the battery connectors provided by Slee appear to hit the hood itself and I can't close the hood.
No issues with that though? Did you use the Slee connections? What about the Toyota terminal covers?
Asked you in the other thread, but figure worth posting here as well in case others end up with the same issue.

Same question from me, did you need to do anything to clear the hood? I just finished my install and although my preliminary test fitment allowed the hood to close (with some indentation of the hood pad), the battery connectors provided by Slee appear to hit the hood itself and I can't close the hood.

Asked you in the other thread, but figure worth posting here as well in case others end up with the same issue.
Any answer to this? I am having same issue!

I'll see if I have a pic or if not I will take one. Mine clears, once I see it again maybe it will joggle the memory on if there was anything that stood out.

Here is mine.
6718D6B1-ED21-4796-ADC5-EE1D246B6BDA.jpeg

Running an older x2power in mine. Not sure about the dimensions, but it was originally purchased for our FJ cruiser in 2010. 13 years later and it runs tip-top.

I purchased the single post x2 which comes with the skinny posts. The adapters sold at batteries plus sit too high and the hood won’t shut. Anyone know of lower profile version?

A296C848-64CD-4FD5-A5D4-030B234707E9.png

D5499ECE-9211-4977-ABAE-18307B30BC35.jpeg

2EB0F938-5D86-4D42-ADCE-B27FB167F2DE.jpeg

They make a 27f version which is the factory battery size. Just installed one in my 05 LC and it fits perfectly but I have factory connections, not the Slee clamps.

Just picked up a group 78 X2Power from a recently deceased friend's garage that he marked as bought in 2015 and never used. put a meter on it and it registered 12.4V which surprised me as an Optima Red Top, also unused from about the same purchase date showed 11.6V. Running them both on chargers to see if they will go back to 12.7V and hold it. I'm guessing the X2Power will, not so sure about the Optima. Fingers crossed.

A quick follow up. Took both batts to a battery shop and had them load tested. The Optima was shot and the X2Power battery tested like new and it will be installed in the secondary position in a dual battery set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom