LS Motor Mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After reading this material, well most of it, it seems there is about 3 parts markers that manufacture motor mounts - Advance Adapters, Marks, and builders who make adapters as a part of their swap work. I've use AA in past CJ builds but it has been quite a few years since I've had a project. Which motor mount kit is the more complete for an old timer to use to plant an LS engine in front of a Series 80?

Last edited:
After reading this material, well most of it, it sees there is about 3 parts markers that manufacture motor mounts - Advance Adapters, Marks, and builders who make adapters as a part of their swap parts. I've use AA in past CJ builds but it has been quite a few years since I've had a project. Which motor mount kit is the more complete for an old timer to use to plant an LS engine in front of a Series 80?
The Land Cruiser Shop also makes LS swap mounts for 93-97 but they're hard to come by.. always out of stock. Not so much for the 91/92 80's since the 3fe mounts are too far forward.. Since I have a 91, I used dirty dingo universal ones after I cut the factory ones out.

I got maybe one of the first sets of motor mounts from The Land Cruiser Shop.
Worked out perfect for me. 97 LX450 and a 2005 LM7. I think its a gen IV motor.
When used w/ the Marks adaptor nothing to modify as the tcase ends up in the stock location as well.

try @NCFJ; his opinion is the gold standard.

I also used dirty dingo universal engine mounts. Years ago when I did the swap, conflicting opinions on whether the Marks/AA engine mounts are offset slightly to favor right hand drive. I dunno if that was resolved one way or another.

I used Fbody motor mounts and made my own adapters for the frame towers. I shifted the motor over to the drivers side quite a bit and I’m going to use a high mount accessory drive.

803AB20E-D557-433F-9096-280429568CFA.jpeg

466F2BA3-7822-45EE-8DD5-D8EF258E5F95.jpeg

I got maybe one of the first sets of motor mounts from The Land Cruiser Shop.
Worked out perfect for me. 97 LX450 and a 2005 LM7. I think its a gen IV motor.
When used w/ the Marks adaptor nothing to modify as the tcase ends up in the stock location as well.

This is fantastic.

Which transmission did you use? The Land Cruiser Shop website says the engine mounts are designed to work with the 4L80E, but the transfer case adapter says it's made for the 4L60E.

I'm about to do the exact swap as you so I'm gathering as much information as I can.

My "barn find" 97 LX450:

IMG-1457.jpg

IMG-1459.jpg

This is fantastic.

Which transmission did you use? The Land Cruiser Shop website says the engine mounts are designed to work with the 4L80E, but the transfer case adapter says it's made for the 4L60E.

I'm about to do the exact swap as you so I'm gathering as much information as I can.

My "barn find" 97 LX450:

View attachment 2847661

View attachment 2847662
4l60. It came w/ the motor.

I dropped Land Cruiser Shop an email about when they would have LS Swap pieces ready for sale. They told me that pieces are built and welded and ready for coating. Won't be long now to have the parts ready

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom