Jack and tool kit for fzj80 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 1994 80 did not come with a tool kit and bottle jack.

Does anyone know of any after market kits that will work? For example will the dorman toyota tacoma kit work? Or should i just buy from the dealer?

Also

For a bottle jack will the newer model cruiser bottle jacks fit in the same location?

Thanks

Thanks i have been searching the junk yards and no luck

Welcome to MUD !!

I’ve seen OEM tool kits on eBay. This Jack looks like the stock 1997 jack. You could contact the seller to ask for the height. The stock jack is 7 3/4”.

Suggest building a tool kit with the tools you’ll need on the trail. There are lots of threads on what to carry on the trail.

Thanks i have been searching the junk yards and no luck
They’re everywhere 👇🏽

EE652D2C-C991-4E6F-92FF-4CF5BA0B57E6.png

My 1994 80 did not come with a tool kit and bottle jack.

Does anyone know of any after market kits that will work? For example will the dorman toyota tacoma kit work? Or should i just buy from the dealer?

Also

For a bottle jack will the newer model cruiser bottle jacks fit in the same location?

Thanks
I bought a complete kit from a 2006 Tacoma for $100 7 years ago. From a salvage yard and had never been used.

IIRC the taco or 4r jack extends a little taller as well. (in other words don't limit yourself to just the stock LC jack)

IIRC the taco or 4r jack extends a little taller as well. (in other words don't limit yourself to just the stock LC jack)
Those jacks have lower weight rating I think 🤔

Those jacks have lower weight rating I think 🤔

Lots of 4 T budget-friendly bottle jacks on Amazon if you’re willing to go non-OEM

Sub $50 options

The only way to know for sure would be to have both sets of dimensions.

Otherwise you could always try to rig it in with an alternative brace system.

Thank you. Appreciate the help

Did the jack fit in the holder?
Yes. Dropped right in.

The tool bag fits in the corner as well.

If you have aftermarket rims, be sure to check your 'new' lug wrench matches the nuts on the wheel. Had this issue a couple of months back. Bit embarrassing.

you may be better off piecing together your own kit. Reason: the OEM jack is good but a fellow on here makes an adapter which gives a better fit when jacking up the 80 on the axle. These things are getting older, rarer and costlier as time moves but by all means, maybe program a saved search so you can be alerted when one pops up for sale or keep searching. They come up for sale.

From Left to Right. 80 Series (1800Kg), 100 Series(1800Kg), 1st Gen Sequoia (1340Kg), 1st Gen Tundra (1340Kg).
*Note to use inside measurement for the "compressed" picture with the square. For the non-compressed use the outside measurement on the square.
Hope this helps someone decide.

20211129_163604.jpg

20211129_163359.jpg

20211129_163429.jpg

20211129_164013.jpg

20211129_164128.jpg

20211129_164025.jpg

for clarification, will any 1991 to 2000+ toyota suv tire tool kit work to drop the spare? my 80 did not come with the tools and i need to drop the spare .

Pretty sure the tools from most Toyota trucks and SUV will work.The shepherds staff end is the important part. You can likely come up with something else that will fit in the giant slot where that end goes to roll it down.

Check this out!
Dr.Roc Compatible with Spare Tire Tool Kit with Tire Jack Handle and Wheel Lug Wrench 2005-2021 Toyota Tacoma https://a.co/d/9nynU0X

FYI, worked great in letting spare down on my 1996 LC 80. I had looked everywhere and no one said it was compatible. works fine.

i hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom