80 series windshield replacement -FSM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there a section in the FSM for replacing the windshield? I had mine replaced a week ago and it’s leaking. I don’t have the manual, was hoping to just grab the pages I need.

Yes.

Yes. In the 97 FSM it's pages BO-35 thru BO-38. You can download the whole FSM on this site, or with a search I know there are posts of these pages. If you can't find them, I can take pictures out of mine, but can't scan them since they are bound.

Is there a section in the FSM for replacing the windshield? I had mine replaced a week ago and it’s leaking. I don’t have the manual, was hoping to just grab the pages I need.
They probably only did the gasket and didn't use the required sealant.

This should help.

Attachments

• BO_.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 178
This should help.
Thanks for the file. It was helpful to me, not so much the shop. I waited a few days and washed her, leaking in several places. I took it back to the shop and they squirted some sealant under the gasket. I’m going to wait a couple days and try again. I live in a 130 year old house, garage is too short to pull it inside….looking back I should have tried to do it myself..

tragic.. i have crack and look forward to finding someone to do it right. you're not the first victim on this issue...we love you ,try some warm milk and rest..

Thanks for the file. It was helpful to me, not so much the shop. I waited a few days and washed her, leaking in several places. I took it back to the shop and they squirted some sealant under the gasket. I’m going to wait a couple days and try again. I live in a 130 year old house, garage is too short to pull it inside….looking back I should have tried to do it myself..
Do you know what sealant they used and if they did the whole perimeter? You might want to just have them pull it because aren't both the frame side and the windshield side supposed to have sealant?

I plan to have my windshield replaced sometime in the next few months. According to the fsm pages above, the hood, wipers, and cowl, among other tings are to be removed. Is that really necessary? Will the windshield place perform these tasks? Thanks, Danny

I plan to have my windshield replaced sometime in the next few months. According to the fsm pages above, the hood, wipers, and cowl, among other tings are to be removed. Is that really necessary? Will the windshield place perform these tasks? Thanks, Danny
Yes, you'll need to remove them in order to get sealant up under the gasket. If you have a snorkel, you'll want to remove that too. I just replaced my windshield last weekend, its kind of a PITA.

They've never removed the hood or headliner on mine and I've watched two being installed. Can't remember about the cowl but I don't think they removed that either. And yes they glued the gasket to the glass and to the frame after it was in place.

You can leave the hood in place, but the cowl, wipers, etc will need to come off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom