Builds Fly By Night (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So here’s something that’s in contention for coolest tool acquired during the build - AN adjustable wrench! Not sure I’ll use it much, but I had to have it. This could start a whole new thread - tools acquired during a frame-off resto-mod.

D8C8BC98-70D7-4BF9-BE0E-72FB8358EE9F.jpeg

Ok Bob… this just in….

Another tool I’ve been waiting for arrived yesterday. It’s a Koul Tools little watchamjiggit that helps get braided stainless hose into the end fittings. I bought almost everything for this pump setup through a company in Wisconsin called “Pegasus Racing”. They have a braided stainless PTFE hose they refer to as 811 that I went with for the output from the pump to the bulkhead. The Koul Tool helped make the impossible possible (if you’ve ever tried fitting the stainless braided hose into a fitting without one, you know what I’m saying).
So now I have to run my return, the wiring, decide if I like everything or if I need to buy another hat and start over, seal everything, then stick it into the tank and pray.

EE67F775-8F01-4CA5-9D8F-FCCF2AE5E83C.jpeg

0E90878D-A102-407E-82F1-844D3ADB337F.jpeg

DCB96279-FDD9-46DC-B2B0-3306E9661EB6.jpeg

Pegasus has some great stuff, good score.

Let's see pics of how everything fits in the tank!

(Hopefully you don't have to resort to using the other hole)
Yeah, it’s being a bit of a PITA, and I’m not really happy about how everything is fitting in there in this configuration. There are a couple of options to consider, it’s just more stuff to buy and more time waiting on shipping. Just got home from a river trip, so I’ll post some pics tomorrow and we can talk more about how this combo is working out.

So anyways, back to Cruiser fun.

The discriminator vent valve I bought and installed is going to be too tall with a -8AN 90* fitting to clear the floor with the tub on. The first pic shows a black mark on the edge of a piece of angle that represents where the floor will be, which is about 1-3/4” above the top of the tank. Found another valve that incorporates a 90* -6AN bulkhead instead, so I’m gonna try that route.
Also posting a pic of the 10 pounds of sausage in a 5 pound skin that this pump setup is. The first challenge is dealing with the pickup mat being secured to the floor of the tank and plumbing a pickup line that is long enough for you to pull the pump out of the tank, but not so long that it rubs on anything on the inside of the tank.
The second challenge has been routing the output line so that it isn’t rubbing on anything and that it doesn’t block you from being able to install or remove the pump. I could probably right now work with how this is setup and be okay. I’m also considering trying a hard line or a longer section of PTFE hose that doesn’t sit on the front facing portion of the pump. Getting kinda tired of dealing with this sh*t after a month now, but trying to be patient too.

68024A86-449C-4A26-8DA9-94A2AF509204.jpeg

119EF597-68C9-4A88-BAA6-CC6C58F65832.jpeg

Lots going on in that little space, agree might as well get it right right now...not a fun trail fix.

Had budget money burning a hole in my pocket, so after scoping out the local U-Pick-It for several things on the list, I pirated the entire hydroboost setup from a 98 GM pickup - booster with master, pump, lines and cooler. Probably the only thing that might be used is the booster. It will at least work as a placeholder while I mock in the system and join another club within a club.

B43E1714-4518-421D-9424-626CB1031F4B.jpeg

D6965779-103E-480C-97B7-60540332288E.jpeg

35E43A54-569A-4FBF-A2C9-627097C8107E.jpeg

DF6C8A70-34E3-4B5A-9CFE-9F2058B1A5A3.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom