Wet Carpet - Where is the leak? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
26B09110-84D0-4CFE-BBC4-53D19649E5B0.jpeg
2C46E6A8-FC98-42A8-A064-94577D0DE4DC.jpeg
0A07F3DE-B932-4842-8A4E-1EA98A2E6275.jpeg
I have an issue that has me a bit baffled. In the last month or two, I have noticed the carpet is wet directly in front of the front passenger seat. It is wet enough that there is what appears to be condensation on the bottom of the floor mat. The first time I noticed it, I thought someone spilled a water bottle but noticed again today. Thought maybe water was coming in via the fire wall or door but is dry in those areas. Live in the Pacific Northwest and it is our rainy season.

Including pictures of the rig, the carpet, and the floor mat for context.

History… bought the rig from a family member four years ago after it had sat for two years. Had normal wear and tear for it’s age and have been slowly fixing it back up. It is my daily driver (work from home) and has about 345,000 miles. Just did the front bumper (had a dent that my teenage daughter succeeded in making significantly bigger). Next big ticket item is to address the problematic clear coat areas.

Clogged sunroof drain. See FAQs. Plenty on the subject.

Clogged sunroof drain
Clogged AC evaporator drain out firewall
Leak in windshield seal

In that order.

Clogged sunroof drain
Clogged AC evaporator drain out firewall
Leak in windshield seal

In that order.

Can also be due to rust in the floor pan /firewall.

There's a boxed in bracket that's part of the body inside the fender that can collect water and cause rust.

Is carpet in the cargo area dry?

I had a leak in the back that was wetting carpet. moisture travelled through the carpet, and became evident due to a musty smell as floor mats in the front didn't allow it to dry out

Can also be due to rust in the floor pan /firewall.

There's a boxed in bracket that's part of the body inside the fender that can collect water and cause rust.

Is carpet in the cargo area dry?

I had a leak in the back that was wetting carpet. moisture travelled through the carpet, and became evident due to a musty smell as floor mats in the front didn't allow it to dry out

Good to know. The carpet under the second row seats appeared to be dry but didn’t check the cargo area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom