SAS Solid Axle Summit #5 Official Thread (3 Viewers)

Color Choices for SAS #5 Shirt and Trail Flags

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i had forgotten about the little stable addition on the west side, definitely sucked for those camped over there.
We were camped near the horses and it was really nice. We got to know each one, give them some pets, etc. No complaints.

@POTATO LAUNCHER

portable bathroom trailers are ~$300/wk
portable shower trailers are ~$700/wk

$1000/50= $20/person
*might be more than that way out in Ouray.

I liked the KOA - and I wasn't personally getting my chops busted by sport coat guy .... just throwing out some options.

Raffle prize 4 plus bumper is getting on @SipLife ’s build. If anyone captured him trying to lift his prize when he got it pls share. Hilariously priceless. Thank you to the generousity of @lcwizard!!!

C26A213D-8891-4B11-9D9D-A56FD7CAA3FB.jpeg

37B9EAD8-7430-4F83-94DA-C58C62F7C991.jpeg

9C1C3F2F-F75C-48CE-ADD4-7DA1047ACB3D.jpeg

F85477A2-AF0D-4A42-B3AF-FD48ED944F80.jpeg

33D8EDA2-47F9-49B1-95B0-41765833CEA8.jpeg

08A968A8-5388-4E42-8267-53E4E87D2CCB.jpeg

Last edited:
i had forgotten about the little stable addition on the west side, definitely sucked for those camped over there.
We noticed a hugely increased fly presence on the trails and other places too. A few spots we stopped the day out with @klinetime574 were out of control. It's been a weird year for bugs out our way too. I don't think the flies can be 100% attributed to the KOA or the horses.

Raffle price 4 plus bumper is getting on @SipLife ’s build. If anyone captured him trying to lift his prize when he got it pls share. Hilariously priceless. Thank you to the generousity of @lcwizard!!!

View attachment 2826418

View attachment 2826419

View attachment 2826421

View attachment 2826423

View attachment 2826426

View attachment 2826427
That was a raffle win made in heaven. Awesome vendor and awesome winner (and family). CD is the one that put me on to 4Plus's bumper that I used for Chunk a few years ago. This all is just too cool

That was a raffle win made in heaven. Awesome vendor and awesome winner (and family). CD is the one that put me on to 4Plus's bumper that I used for Chunk a few years ago. This all is just too cool
I think I was almost as pumped as @SipLife when he won!

What a wild ride since SAS5. I want to thank everyone involved in the event. So here is the readers digest version. The Company I worked for was one of the sponsors . So I attended Tues and weds( stayed until Friday ha) mainly for the raffle. And to talk with another shop about a Job. Well turns out I won a $500 gift certificate from Trail Talior . Which was awesome Audrey II needed new rear control arms.( bumpers a window and body work) I ordered the arms and the uppers were on back order. 5 or so weeks later I email Jas told him I had left Proffitts and to send them to my po box not the shop. Jas tells me to call Doug at well sorted. Which I did met with him a week later and was offered a job. So now Im moving to Buena Vista. Amazing how stuff works out sometimes. The life of a cruiserhead!!! I had to photo bomb the 4xs they kept cropping me out of the pics hahaha

233540103_10220058049344680_2497516437076449666_n.jpg

What a wild ride since SAS5. I want to thank everyone involved in the event. So here is the readers digest version. The Company I worked for was one of the sponsors . So I attended Tues and weds( stayed until Friday ha) mainly for the raffle. And to talk with another shop about a Job. Well turns out I won a $500 gift certificate from Trail Talior . Which was awesome Audrey II needed new rear control arms.( bumpers a window and body work) I ordered the arms and the uppers were on back order. 5 or so weeks later I email Jas told him I had left Proffitts and to send them to my po box not the shop. Jas tells me to call Doug at well sorted. Which I did met with him a week later and was offered a job. So now Im moving to Buena Vista. Amazing how stuff works out sometimes. The life of a cruiserhead!!! I had to photo bomb the 4xs they kept cropping me out of the pics hahaha

View attachment 2836621
That's awesome! I think working for Doug at Well Sorted will be a dream job. I'll be sure to stop in to say hi to you guys. I rolled through there a month ago on a 24 hour fly in to CO and drive back (top secret lol) blast to Michigan and didn't stop. Gotta make up for that!

Gotta love the inspirational ripple effect this has on the younger generation who WILL one day take the reigns of this event! Gotta. Love. It!

For more inspiration check out my latest adventure all you solid axle summit hikers! @Rockymtnreaper @Muddy Feet @Nomadcruisers44 @Branwillith
@Manitou Decline @drenmaster @POTATO LAUNCHER @rhah @EasternYeti @SoTexCruiserDoc @BombCity @John in Utah @4Cruisers @CenTXFJ60

The Hayduke Route thru-hiking thread https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/the-hayduke-route-thru-hiking-thread.1268827/#post-14148285

Last edited:
Tried to run up imogene beginning of nov, was slick, snowy and know one up it. Didn’t get far. Went to governor and broke it back open to the big ledge which was snow and ice and death. Ran up Yankee boy broke it open almost to the top. Then went across valley and ran up mineral creek pretty far, and did south mineral creek back to frozen lake

9983FDF1-4C07-46DF-97C3-44342BC4799C.jpeg

58723236-0D9F-4D30-8002-FDFD472F61C1.jpeg

57E9E905-BE02-4547-B7E6-E5B52E9D19CA.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom