Factory Electrical Connectors? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Rebuilding my chassis harness and have a few connectors that are worn and/or broken. Where can I find replacements for these? What series are they or are they toyota specific?

Wow, what a great website. Good to know.

Last edited:
Rebuilding my chassis harness and have a few connectors that are worn and/or broken. Where can I find replacements for these? What series are they or are they toyota specific?

I’ve had good luck with this stuff.
this guy has a pleasing amount of hard-to-find land cruiser items.
Wow, what a great website. Good to know.

Find a connector with the correct number of ways then you can find “associated and mating” parts next to the description. Some list Toyota part numbers.
Here is another link from the resources section here on MUD. This manual still may not be "old" enough for the 60 series.

i carry MOST but NOT all 60 Series OEM Connectors in-stock , i do not have them listed in the online store for a host of reasons ,

mainly not enough time in the day ......
:confused:

however , i have started to list the very Popular and well indeed much needed ALTERNATOR Repair & Service Plugs , Connectors , Terminals , and the OEM Rubber Weather Seal Boots for both The RING B+ Terminal and Both the GREEN 2 wire IG series input connectors , and the FEN series Green 3 wire Input connectors too ,

and , the more exotic , and rare NON-USA Varietees 3 wire FEN SINGLE Locking Tab , Updated UV rated BLACK Special Chemical resistent Housings now offered by my Supplier YAZAKI Japan Ltd. ....

so .... :)

for now until time allows a more complex and detailed offering of these wide ranges indeed of many many Dozens of Profiles , terminals Size spec,s and such, i work with Fellow members on a case by case basis , based on there particular OEM Period Correct Connector needs and want's

if u have a needed electrical Connectors and terminals order simply PM me a DETAILED and TECH filled step by step simple to understand list , list each part number needed , qty of each housing etc ....

i ALWAYS 100% SOLID include a spare & Extra SOLID Brass OEM Terminals with each connector housing , i make miss-crimps all the time its part of this acquired skill set to have one here and there , everyone needs to learn how to properly make OEM PLANTY A-11 Crimps , so hence i provide the extra terminals for just that purpose

get warmed up and then rock them out ........ :D

see my TECH example Charts below ......

some relevant update NEWS and TECH in my NEW YOU TUBE TECH. Channel below , i just received my latest KUSTOM ORDER RUN's from Japan of some Connector Housings ling since discontinued by TOYOTA , like 20 + years ago now ..........

there are many more long since sought after ones i have being made as we speak ,,,,,,,, :popcorn:

i relish bring back DEAD , NLA / and Disc. part Numbers we all need , and OEM Land Cruiser 40, 55, 60 and 62 CONNECTORS are my main Target of specialty and well
a passion i have as well .....

if you like what u see below new TECH channel , video on Connectors , Please Subscribe , there will be many more on this topic in the near future and along with a host
of other Vintage TOYOTA parts Topics in general as well

- one last words of wisdom here , take this serious or as you will, ....

steer klear of any CHINA GETTO crap u see on ebay for example , you will only NOT get what you paid for , but will get your feelings hurt in the process too !
i got burned on them in my early days years ago and also had ones fail and short out too some times only a short time window later ....

you get what u pay for in this world , and make darn sure you only Source OEM japan made connectors for your land Cruiser , no matter where you wind up sourcing them from at the end of the day .........

my 2 cents..... 🤔

thanks ...

B5CC0ECD-BB03-4B22-B48B-B73C8B06CDFA_LI.jpg

70E69E79-86C6-4188-B4E9-D4C24DF6830A.jpeg

20200830_123712.jpg
DSCN9887.JPG
DSCN9889.JPG
DSCN9896.JPG
image (1).jpg
image.jpg

20200830_123720.jpg

Last edited:
Some up to date connectors and sub-harness adventures in the last 72 hours here at the skunk work in-house hand made sections Labrotory

- OEM thermal time cut off switch manifold sensor mini sub harness wrapped in fire proof OEM toyota factory flame 🔥 cloth loom

- and for any H55F update or conversion ..

Back up switch to main harness sub Harnesses sections …
Plug and play the period correct oem
Way …

- high heat and chemicals rated and UV proof gloss solid oem
Japan loom as well , this stuff is at tough as a German TIGER 🐯 TANK and bomb proof as nails too , if you ever have wondered why Your 60 and 62 series still has all this intact that’s the tech in a nut shell ..

JIS product specs and nothing less ..

A635A41D-EC5F-4850-924C-E40DCFB36EBE.jpeg

AE0242E1-EAB7-45C1-9D2A-B77309A00963.jpeg

57D51BBF-36B6-436C-96A3-0095C7D76F49.jpeg

0F182FBF-1E26-40F5-858E-D934162D461E.jpeg

4F44F512-678D-4DB6-9752-28F4BA8E4C7B.jpeg

EAF1F92D-29C1-4A37-957F-4591BE1DF6A8.jpeg

3AE1A783-2B3F-46C8-B0AA-68B6179990B2.jpeg

3EAECDFC-BD1F-48D3-B548-162DDA90DDF5.jpeg

C8F7C14B-A343-4AD1-BF11-A734041E0CA8.jpeg

@ToyotaMatt is definitely the source for factory connectors.

Ive been slowly replacing all of the old crummy dry rotten connectors in my 60 with Delphi GT150 waterproof connectors. They freaking rule. They are rubber sealed, and have locks on the pins and locks on where they connect. Love Delphis

Heres and example of a 2 pin connector. That little purple piece in the middle pops out and you crump the pin onto the wire with the rubber grommet with an open barrel crimp tool. Then slide it into the connector, lock the pins into the connector with the purple thing, and then the white curved piece locks it from the wire side. They are superior in every way to anything that came on the landcruiser originally

71PQDe9bIsL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Sir, I will be helping to lighten the weight of your inventory soon enough.
And nice flex on the raw lumber 😜

Todays incoming japan 🇯🇵 sourced connectors order

I intake several shipments a week

So always new or resupplies are always happening in some way shape or form

New addition :

NipponDenso oem green 4 wire input plugs …

9B44E5DB-57A3-4DCA-9D96-DFC7E9CD19BB.jpeg
C43A2BB4-8C63-449F-B58F-70A98D64FE84.jpeg
B36D9002-F23E-46D2-B53C-BCB8441A8DA2.jpeg
75F5866D-71A7-4321-963D-1C869991FD7C.jpeg
EDDCB9AF-8D33-49CD-BCF7-9FC31EA17A19.jpeg

Was wondering when you were going to chime in...

It’s been a wild and insanely busy day …

Between pre-holidays order filling in the PM and Expanding Operations here at the LAB …

My online mud time is limited but I do Check in to address what PM ,s I can and such

I am glad that @gregkline55 had the for-thought to start a dedicate 60 / 61 / 62 etc series stand alone electric ⚡️ Connectors thread

It crossed my mind to start one somewhere a while back but I could never decide where ?

Small business or tech ?

Good it’s tech because the whole Connectors / terminals and related is highly technical indeed !

Omg it can be very very overwhelming at times for me personally as well
Too ..

This thread can be the foundation. to some clarification and clarity on this topic for sure

The 8/80-1990 entire 6# series as a whole saw many many innovations and well improvements and updates through out this production dates time line

Just off top of my head ?

- 6.3mm / 250 series brass locking tabs

- then same but the housings now provide the locking feature a huge huge improvement !!!!

Like insanely better ..

- then 1st Gen micro spade 2.8mm series first introduced on a late model 40 series hazard switch connector ..

This is also a locking housing type , gone forever are brass locking tabs and good written's too !

The fj60 consists primarily of these but still retained

The old 6.3mm for high amp draw circuits like the defrost push button switch

Same in kind the 62 rocker Amber illuminated GLOBE feature used the bigger 6.3mm also

Fusible links use even larger gauge terminals at that ! .

- then .90mm series like on a Fj62 OEM radio plug has for example

I’ll take a night off and do a whole Technical time line in chronological order based on Toyota litterateur I have horded away , also my various

T-TEN course books I still all have a hold dear , are filled with tons of shareable tech resources beyond anyone's wildest dreams !

Maybe it’s time to unlock Pandora’s Electronics and Connectors box 📦

I spent a entire semester learning how to simply factory crimp the entire series and line up , then up till 1998 era housings and terminals

What was space age then , well the stuff going into a 2022 Toyota new is rocket science I only can start to comprehend

The terminals are small as a sewing needle and wires Leeds are micro circuitry based in gauge …

I like vintage I can see-um era stuff up till Fj62 I suppose

I have gotten into the fj80 but the complex nature of connectors there requires one to Re-Tool UP if u will and im simply not there yet or ..
have little interest of going to to be frank ..

I relish bringing back the DEAD ☠️ part numbers the way I can and do , and plan to do as we speak , parts of all kinds …

But I have a skool boy like age 16 first time driver in his or her first land cruiser obsession with the entire connectors topic in general for reasons
I don’t have any reason to ever Question 🙋‍♂️..

Who cares we all need them now more then ever as age , time and the ravages of the UV topic continue to occur unstoppable in many cases

Only more and more will the need arise for vintage Toyota connectors in general ….

If anyone has a idea or reason for a needed connector bring it to the table here ?

I may already exist in some tucked away nos parts ware house

Or

I have the hand sketches and or original OEM engineering drawings to submit to a connector maker or factory abroad

I am not aware of ANY domestic company at all that will take on a connector order Kustom or simply a oem reproduction of any vintage toyota connectors ever produced ?

And well that’s that so I go to the NON-USA far away and make it happen there ….

Colored housings are big big on my personal list , I want oem Green and Blue ones , but that’s another story on why and what all the various color codes refer to Toyota nomenclature wise

Parallel striped japan wire has alluded me too !

Screw candy cane color code tracer stripes …

But that’s all that is out there for now until that Pandora box shows itself some day soon ?

Last edited:
Soon all these will be available ….

And many many more colors …

4A947925-7EC9-4EF2-9406-F3B31FB66C90.jpeg

98668BEF-786C-4D91-B050-B38D98978711.jpeg

D64783A5-7142-4110-9771-C0467C9DE9A5.jpeg

A2171A60-64E6-4385-BC6B-7192C50FF47E.jpeg

8CFC5C5E-4814-46D8-AE79-D060F77FD127.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom