2F help oil plug or coolant plug? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
3E13B121-61D7-4B84-BA1A-E370192C384B.jpeg
Please help with the picture below. Is this an oil plug passage way or coolant?

This is drivers side towards the back of the engine.

Thanks
Jason

View attachment 2841809Please help with the picture below. Is this an oil plug passage way or coolant?

Thanks
Jason

What year is the engine ?

Siamese F

F1.5

Or …?

My WAG says that where your oil
Pressure sending unit installs on a older F engine ?

Or

The remote oil filter mounted set up oil
High pressure or low pressure return line or supply line

Clarify what year and model
Toyota u got going on please

Then more detailed assistance can be posted

Thanks

On my ‘77 fj40 it is plugged. I’m hoping that it is oil passage way that needs to be plugged. If it is a coolant passage I’m in trouble.

On my 70 1F, that is an oil passage where the oil pressure sending unit goes.

^^^ Same as Skreddy on my 74 1.5

View attachment 2841809Please help with the picture below. Is this an oil plug passage way or coolant?

Thanks
Jason

if your coolant looks like that you have bigger issues.

the coolant is behind the drain aprox 2 oclock from the oil hole.

Definitely oil port, used for oil pressure sending unit on F engines, but plugged on 2F engines when the sending unit was relocated to the oil filter mount on the passenger side.

Thanks for the help guys. This is a first start on engine that hasn’t run in awhile. New head gasket etc. No coolant in the engine currently. I was thinking and hoping it was oil passage way but wanted to be sure. Best plan of attack to tap it and plug or is there a crush plug like a frost plug that goes in there? Thanks again!

Jason

If it is the same as a 1F, the oil pressure sending unit thread size is 1/8" BSPT (British Standard Pipe Thread). You can purchase a 1/8" BSPT to 1/8" NPT adapter. If you are going with an after-market oil pressure sending unit, you van purchase an adapter. Toyota to Aftermarket Oil Pressure Gauge Adapter - https://www.yotashop.com/toyota-to-aftermarket-oil-pressure-gauge-adapter/ This adapter threads into Toyota blocks that have a 1/8"-28 BSP thread for oil pressure sending units. The threads are very close but not the same, trying to screw an aftermarket gauge into your block will do damage or leak. Use this adapter on Toyota 20R, 22R, 22RE, 22RET, 3VZ-E, 2RZ-FE, 3RZ-FE, 5VZ-FE and many more Toyota engine blocks that have the factory 1/8"-28 BSP thread pitch.

1/8 plugs are easier to find in npt rather than bspt. An npt plug & an "Adapter" might be the quickest soloution.

Well sorry guys I should have looked closer. The oil sending unit is NOT on the base of the oil filter pedestal on this engine. This 2F came out of a stock‘76 fj55. I just figured it was identical to my ‘77 fj40 2f. So I’m going to clean it real good and install a stock oil sending unit in that location and hopefully call it done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom