Ironman 4x4 Suspension for 40/45 Series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ40 that green thing

1996 KZJ78 Prado
Threads
I couldn't find ANY (I mean, nothing) information on the Ironman 4x4 brand suspension systems for the 40/45 series Land Cruiser on the webs or forums so I wanted to contribute what I learned here on Mud. This truck still had the original factory suspension including shock absorbers when I bought it. After adding a few accessories and a RTT, the vehicle unsurprisingly became unstable and too soft for my comfort off-road, not to mention the lack of clearance. Last summer, after researching available lift kits for the 45 series truck it seemed there were 3 good options on the US market for the 45 pickup. OME, Dobinsons and Ironman. After consulting with a few forum members and my own experience with these brands, I decided to give Ironman a shot. Their springs give approx 2 1/4"-2 1/2" of lift and they offered the Foam Cell Pro shocks as well. So far, I have to say I am super happy with the setup and Ironman 4x4 has been excellent to work with. After getting everything dialed in, the ride is very good (for a 40) and handles the weight well on and off road. Ironman seems to be expanding rapidly with their product offerings in the states and their lift kits it seems are common on more modern vehicles but I have to say I have no regrets on this kit for the FJ45. I would consider Ironman suspension for other vehicles. I have suspicion that many of these lift components like the spring packs are made in the same plant and private labeled if anyone has any additional insight or experience, please chime in. Pricing was also very reasonable and they have 25% off sale on lift kits often. See: Ironman 4x4 America | Off-Road Truck Equipment & Accessories - https://ironman4x4america.com/

FJ45side.jpg

Last edited:
I couldn't find ANY information on the Ironman 4x4 brand suspension systems for the 40/45 series Land Cruiser on the webs or forums so I wanted to contribute what I learned here on Mud. This truck still had the original factory suspension including shock absorbers when I bought it. After adding a few accessories and a RTT, the vehicle unsurprisingly became unstable and too soft for my comfort off-road, not to mention the lack of clearance. Last summer, after researching available lift kits for the 45 series truck it seemed there were 3 good options on the US market for the 45 pickup. OME, Dobinsons and Ironman. After consulting with a few forum members and my own experience with these brands, I decided to give Ironman a shot. Their springs give approx 2 1/4"-2 1/2" of lift and they offered the Foam Cell Pro shocks as well. So far, I have to say I am super happy with the setup and Ironman 4x4 has been excellent to work with. After getting everything dialed in, the ride is very good (for a 40) and handles the weight well on and off road. Ironman seems to be expanding rapidly with their product offerings in the states and their lift kits it seems are common on more modern vehicles but I have to say I have no regrets on this kit for the FJ45. I would consider Ironman suspension for other vehicles. I have suspicion that many of these lift components like the spring packs are made in the same plant and private labeled if anyone has any additional insight or experience, please chime in. Pricing was also very reasonable and they have 25% off sale on lift kits often. See: Ironman 4x4 America | Off-Road Truck Equipment & Accessories - https://ironman4x4america.com/

View attachment 2830726
Beautiful rig.

I couldn't find ANY information on the Ironman 4x4 brand suspension systems for the 40/45 series Land Cruiser on the webs or forums so I wanted to contribute what I learned here on Mud. This truck still had the original factory suspension including shock absorbers when I bought it. After adding a few accessories and a RTT, the vehicle unsurprisingly became unstable and too soft for my comfort off-road, not to mention the lack of clearance. Last summer, after researching available lift kits for the 45 series truck it seemed there were 3 good options on the US market for the 45 pickup. OME, Dobinsons and Ironman. After consulting with a few forum members and my own experience with these brands, I decided to give Ironman a shot. Their springs give approx 2 1/4"-2 1/2" of lift and they offered the Foam Cell Pro shocks as well. So far, I have to say I am super happy with the setup and Ironman 4x4 has been excellent to work with. After getting everything dialed in, the ride is very good (for a 40) and handles the weight well on and off road. Ironman seems to be expanding rapidly with their product offerings in the states and their lift kits it seems are common on more modern vehicles but I have to say I have no regrets on this kit for the FJ45. I would consider Ironman suspension for other vehicles. I have suspicion that many of these lift components like the spring packs are made in the same plant and private labeled if anyone has any additional insight or experience, please chime in. Pricing was also very reasonable and they have 25% off sale on lift kits often. See: Ironman 4x4 America | Off-Road Truck Equipment & Accessories - https://ironman4x4america.fi
I couldn't find ANY information on the Ironman 4x4 brand suspension systems for the 40/45 series Land Cruiser on the webs or forums so I wanted to contribute what I learned here on Mud. This truck still had the original factory suspension including shock absorbers when I bought it. After adding a few accessories and a RTT, the vehicle unsurprisingly became unstable and too soft for my comfort off-road, not to mention the lack of clearance. Last summer, after researching available lift kits for the 45 series truck it seemed there were 3 good options on the US market for the 45 pickup. OME, Dobinsons and Ironman. After consulting with a few forum members and my own experience with these brands, I decided to give Ironman a shot. Their springs give approx 2 1/4"-2 1/2" of lift and they offered the Foam Cell Pro shocks as well. So far, I have to say I am super happy with the setup and Ironman 4x4 has been excellent to work with. After getting everything dialed in, the ride is very good (for a 40) and handles the weight well on and off road. Ironman seems to be expanding rapidly with their product offerings in the states and their lift kits it seems are common on more modern vehicles but I have to say I have no regrets on this kit for the FJ45. I would consider Ironman suspension for other vehicles. I have suspicion that many of these lift components like the spring packs are made in the same plant and private labeled if anyone has any additional insight or experience, please chime in. Pricing was also very reasonable and they have 25% off sale on lift kits often. See: Ironman 4x4 America | Off-Road Truck Equipment & Accessories - https://ironman4x4america.com/

View attachment 2830726
finally! someone posted about FCP for Lc40-45 Series!! I couldn't find ANY information as well on the Ironman 4x4 FCP, but for the foam cell and nitro gas , there is a lot of user here in the Philippines. i am glad that you made it.. i am waiting for my FCP pro to arrive and can't wait to install it to my 40... sir can you please post more photo? including the close shot of the FCP? thanks sir !

Judemiks, The Foam Cell pro is an upgraded shock absorber. The girth of the shock is a good inch or so bigger than a standard gas charged shock. I was surprised and impressed with them, seem to be built very well. If you read up on them, the technology was developed for military use I believe. The idea is they won't overheat and lose performance with heavy use. When the truck is loaded down with people and gear it still handles very well. It's hard to say how much better they are than the gas charged shocks but I believe most people would agree they're better.

Screenshot_20211111-090147_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211111-090500_Gallery.jpg

Judemiks, The Foam Cell pro is an upgraded shock absorber. The girth of the shock is a good inch or so bigger than a standard gas charged shock. I was surprised and impressed with them, seem to be built very well. If you read up on them, the technology was developed for military use I believe. The idea is they won't overheat and lose performance with heavy use. When the truck is loaded down with people and gear it still handles very well. It's hard to say how much better they are than the gas charged shocks but I believe most people would agree they're better.

View attachment 2836349

View attachment 2836350
It looks like you went with a longer shackle?

View attachment 2836349

View attachment 2836350
Same to you sir, I did a lot of research as well and took me 3 months to learn those differences, so far ironman pro has the best to offer regarding multi-purpose function at a reasonable price, however I am a bit worried and sad for this shocks, it is so underrated and you are the first 40-45 series owner to use this FCP. Swear, everyday i am on google, YouTube or any other platforms and yet I haven't seen a single review of FCP for 40's. I am happy to see this sir, I appreciate it. by the way sir, your FCP has item number of Front=45635FE and REAR=45646FEC , and both eye-ring mount from top and bottom. am i right? if you have instagram sir please tell me so i can follow you :D THANKS!

I have had Ironman springs on the back of my FJ45 for six or seven years now, and am also very pleased with them.

I have had Ironman springs on the back of my FJ45 for six or seven years now, and am also very pleased with them.
Talk to us about the full suspension setup on Ruftoys. I believe you stated iron man rear shocks on it? I was reading about your death valley trip in the Warehouse fire thread, but it is locked and couldn't ask there. I would love to be able to drive 40 mph theough the desert whoops in a 40!

Had this discussion Evan, just a couple of weeks ago in this forum. I really believe the secret sauce is the shackle angle.
E427EC99-A466-4125-BA23-6CE6EB8BA86D.jpeg

Had this discussion Evan, just a couple of weeks ago in this forum. I really believe the secret sauce is the shackle angle.View attachment 2837029
Kind of interested in your choice of shocks front & rear. From my time in the desert in other hobbies, sock valving is really where the magic happens for a smooth/controlled ride. Shackle angle and proper spring rates certainly come into play on leaf spring trucks, I agree that a 45 degreeish shackle angle allows the suspension to work versus steeper shackle angle we commonly see on these trucks due to short leaf springs and extended length shackles. I think you mentioned Doetsch front shocks and ironman rear in your warehouse post? What series or model shocks front & rear? I see Ironman offers a couple different options.

Looks like Ironman is having a big sale right now. 30% off makes it tempting.
I've been eyeing the Ironman set up since summer. It looks like the price had gone up 30% (based on the posted original price), which sounded they jacked up the list price and offered a 30% sale. If that's the case, not good in my book.

I've been eyeing the Ironman set up since summer. It looks like the price had gone up 30% (based on the posted original price), which sounded they jacked up the list price and offered a 30% sale. If that's the case, not good in my book.
I ordered the FCP and steering Damper for my fj40 5 months ago in the Philippines, unfortunately, the ironman 4x4 authorized dealer doesn't have foam cell pro for 40-45 series told me that this model is always out of stock and not easy to get, so they advised me to take the pre order, they made a reservation directly from Australia for me, and finally the cargo arrived this morning to the facility there in the Philippines , can't wait to see them :D :D . I purchased 4 pcs of Foam cell pro shock and 1 pc foam cell steering damper for only $1131.96 shipping and tax included :D

fcp.jpg

fc.jpg

I ordered the FCP and steering Damper for my fj40 5 months ago in the Philippines, unfortunately, the ironman 4x4 authorized dealer doesn't have foam cell pro for 40-45 series told me that this model is always out of stock and not easy to get, so they advised me to take the pre order, they made a reservation directly from Australia for me, and finally the cargo arrived this morning to the facility there in the Philippines , can't wait to see them :D :D . I purchased 4 pcs of Foam cell pro shock and 1 pc foam cell steering damper for only $1131.96 shipping and tax included :D

There’s one too many digits in that price tag!
There’s one too many digits in that price tag!😛

If you get into it to compare brands though, they still price out pretty competitively and the sale is a nice gesture. How often do you see OME running a 30% off sale? With cost of goods and energy prices so high, most industries are raising prices to cover the cost increase of materials and labor recently.

There’s one too many digits in that price tag!😛
These are far better than your average Monroe shock, so they do cost more. Here are a couple videos that helped me understand the difference and decide to try them out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom