THANK YOU Mudders - The LS Swap is Done! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thanks to everyone that talked me off the ledge about 3 weeks ago, and kept me from selling my 80. If you remember, I got screwed by a local shop and the project was waaay over due and I was running out of options. I had offers from y'all from Florida, to Texas to send my rig down and get it finished. Thanks to everyone for those offers! Thanks to @cruisermatt for the frantic phone call for the advice (it was dead on right!). Thanks also to Eric Berg, and the many others that reached out on FB.

I was blessed with finding a local hot rod shop that was HIGHLY recommended. I took the risk, and man I am so thankful! Thanks to @davint24 for the VERY high quality work!!! And welcome to the Land Cruiser family. I heard rumors he may be expanding his operations here in East Tennessee to offer these swaps.

Anyway, thank you again everyone! Here are some pics!!!

Scott

20211112_173807.jpeg

20211112_173840.jpeg

20211111_154034.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice, can you post some details of the build? Engine, trans, adapter? Thanks...

Nice, can you post some details of the build? Engine, trans, adapter? Thanks...
5.3l LY5 out of a 2008 SIlverado. 4L80e trans. Went with Mark's Adapter

Wow, that build looks “meaty”. ;)

Dang man. I guess I missed when you were “on the ledge”. You’re definitely going to be glad you stepped backwards!

Dang man. I guess I missed when you were “on the ledge”. You’re definitely going to be glad you stepped backwards!
Yeah man I posted the unfinished project here for $20k and wanted to be done with it. Tonight I'm driving in V8 luxury, enjoying every second of it.

I’ve been PT for like 11 years. Before the swap. Honestly, it’s all I know. I can’t imagine not being able to spin the tires😁

P/T is just so convenient. Especially if you tear something up in the front axle.

Dang, we just moved from Knoxville, Scott County isn’t too far. I would’ve LOVED to see this in person, it’s beautiful!
Thanks!!!

Happy you got your finished. It sure looks great. Who ended up finishing the work?
@davint24 - a local fabricator/modder/genius. I think he will be offering these swaps at his shop in the near future.

5.3l LY5 out of a 2008 SIlverado. 4L80e trans. Went with Mark's Adapter
Good call on the 80 series slushbox. There's nothing "wrong" with the 60 series per se, but I've had a Tahoe or a Yukon for 20 years and I've always started having transmission issues around 125k with basically soccer mom style usage. I just think the 60 series isn't robust enough to deal with LS power and heavy SUV weight. They'll get you through the warranty period but they're a ticking timebomb after that.

Good call on the 80 series slushbox. There's nothing "wrong" with the 60 series per se, but I've had a Tahoe or a Yukon for 20 years and I've always started having transmission issues around 125k with basically soccer mom style usage. I just think the 60 series isn't robust enough to deal with LS power and heavy SUV weight. They'll get you through the warranty period but they're a ticking timebomb after that.
Minimal (and nearly free) mods can cure this. The 4l60 gets a lot of unnecessary hate. But yeah, the 80 is more stout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom