Broken exhaust manifold tab (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CruisingTheLand

SILVER Star
Threads
32713BFC-EA06-4E7F-BDEE-2A7835E5699D.jpeg

How badly did I screw up? Is this repairable or should I just start looking for a new manifold now? Mar ‘73 build

As a younger man, I remember seeing something at the muffler shops that resembled two short, arc shaped rods that resembled Landcruiser door limiters, joined by two bolts. It seemed like their purpose was to put a ‘choke’ on the throat of the manifold and provide something to secure the exhaust to. Never seen one ON a Landcruiser, but always thought it would work.

For how long…🤔?

Place a want ad and see what you come up with. If you’re still looking in a week, give me a jingle.

Brazing works, but I think you would be better off finding another good one I’d you can.

Don’t try welding it. It will just crack again unless you weld it under the same conditions that it was cast, where it can cool very slowly.

As a younger man, I remember seeing something at the muffler shops that resembled two short, arc shaped rods that resembled Landcruiser door limiters, joined by two bolts. It seemed like their purpose was to put a ‘choke’ on the throat of the manifold and provide something to secure the exhaust to. Never seen one ON a Landcruiser, but always thought it would work.

For how long…🤔?

Place a want ad and see what you come up with. If you’re still looking in a week, give me a jingle.
I’m back if you’re still looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom