Oil Pressure Switch Testing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
No power to the oil pressure switch at the connectors. Started tracing the wiring back from the connectors at the switch. Came across what looks like a jump/splice between power and ground wires. First time looking at this. Can't believe it should look like this but wanted to get feedback. Thanks.

Pics below

IMG_20211109_134959.jpg

IMG_20211109_135618.jpg

That ain't right. Get a new harness.

That ain't right. Get a new harness.
Appreciate your reply. Any guesses on why that was done? Was wondering if it was some kind of work around or bypass to deal with another issue. The black/white wire to the a/c compressor works as it should.

Appreciate your reply. Any guesses on why that was done? Was wondering if it was some kind of work around or bypass to deal with another issue. The black/white wire to the a/c compressor works as it should.
Maybe one of the electrical people will chime in...I just know mine does not look like that. I just replaced my oil pressure sensor with new and got a newish used harness. My old one had some abrasions. Neither had a bypass.

Maybe one of the electrical people will chime in...I just know mine does not look like that. I just replaced my oil pressure sensor with new and got a newish used harness. My old one had some abrasions. Neither had a bypass.
Good to hear. I noticed you have a '94. I have the '93.

No power to the oil pressure switch at the connectors. Started tracing the wiring back from the connectors at the switch. Came across what looks like a jump/splice between power and ground wires. First time looking at this. Can't believe it should look like this but wanted to get feedback. Thanks.

That is not connection between power and ground. The white wire is a shielded wire where the shield surrounding the signal wire, attached to ground eliminates stray electrical interference.

That is not connection between power and ground. The white wire is a shielded wire where the shield surrounding the signal wire, attached to ground eliminates stray electrical interference.
Right on. Thanks for the clarification. Question regarding the wiring: all three pins receive power with the ignition turned to "on." When plugged in the harness has power to the black/white wire (a/c compressor) and the brown wire but nothing to the yellow wire. The brown wire w/ white connector appears to go to the spade on the edge of the sensor. The yellow wire w/ black connector to the center post on the sensor. Out of curiosity where does the power to the yellow wire end up?

I have an extra used harness if you need it

Just PM me your address and I'll send it you via First Class if you're not in a huge rush. No need for payment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom