Will part time kit effect cruiser contol? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I noticed my cruise control is not working. Green dash light comes on but nothing happens when I try to set the speed. I never use it so it might have been out for a few years now. But I do know it used to work at some point because i have used it. Anyway I think the CC wont work if the dash "brake" light is on. Well my "ABS" light is perminantly on now with my part time kit. Would that keep my CC from working?

I noticed my cruise control is not working. Green dash light comes on but nothing happens when I try to set the speed. I never use it so it might have been out for a few years now. But I do know it used to work at some point because i have used it. Anyway I think the CC wont work if the dash "brake" light is on. Well my "ABS" light is perminantly on now with my part time kit. Would that keep my CC from working?
No personal experience, but could see ABS fouling CC.
Especially OBDII. :poof:

My rig is part time converted and my cc works great. My abs light is also constantly on and my parking brake also fails to illuminate the brake light on the instrument cluster.

My '94 cruise control works great with part-time. In four years of part time, I had one freeway experience (this year) where it wouldn't activate. No idea why, since it never acted up before or since. Might have just been the parking brake not quite seating fully.

Incidentally, Marks4wd.com has an ABS relocation kit that should make ABS work properly with a part-time conversion.

Thanks guys. I just remembered a few months ago I had a small short in the cig lighter that blew the fuse. I replaced the lighter and will check the other fuses. Any idea whi h the CC uses?

I have part time and the ABS light was on for 15 years and the bulb FINALLY burned out :rofl:

My rig is part time converted and my cc works great. My abs light is also constantly on and my parking brake also fails to illuminate the brake light on the instrument cluster.
Just so you know parking brake turning on the brake light is nothing more than a simple switch near the parking brake handle. Easily adjustable or test switch. Pull center console and take a look at it.

Sucks. I am only about 3 years in. Wish it would hurry up.

About the only good thing about that ABS light was when it reminded to unlock the hubs for the road.

There is a common fix for some cruise control units.. you just go out and move the actuator a couple of times and it starts working again. I don't know where the post is that described that as a fix. Anyway worked for me when it had the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom