Aftermarket Replacement Glass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright, so just did a new paint job on the 80, and caught a bad case of the whileyouareinthereitous. My windows are all pitted, and the the factory tint is damaged from the stickers on the rear quarter windows so I decided to order up all new glass. I don't like the factory tint color, so I opted for the clear non-tinted version so I can tint them myself. After ordering, I got a notification that the RH Rear door (P/N: 68113-60130) is NLA. I find it very strange that Toyota would only discontinue one window, but is what it is. I have tried a half dozen different dealerships hoping someone still has one in stock, but no luck yet. I am still waiting to hear back from Megazip, hoping there might be one in Japan.

My question is does anyone know of a glass company in the US that makes aftermarket glass for the 80? I have searched hard and called some glass companies, but not had any luck, they don't want to talk to me since I am not a dealer. The only source I have been able to find for aftermarket glass is on the other side of the pond. They actually have great pricing, but they don't ship directly to the US, so I would have to go the courier route which I have no experience with, and am worried it will be cost prohibitive.

Have you received all the other glass? If so and confirmed correct, would you have the other part numbers for each? I'm looking to go gullwing in the rear so also wanting to convert to clear rear door glass(all 4). Haven't jumped all in but hope to start searching soon. Would love a rear hatch glass without the defroster and tint as well.

Have you received all the other glass? If so and confirmed correct, would you have the other part numbers for each? I'm looking to go gullwing in the rear so also wanting to convert to clear rear door glass(all 4). Haven't jumped all in but hope to start searching soon. Would love a rear hatch glass without the defroster and tint as well.
I have all the glass in hand except the one that is NLA and one of the front windows which will be here in a few weeks. Doesn't look like Toyota makes a rear gate window glass without defroster, just the reflector/non-reflector variations. May be something in another markets that they had other trim levels, but I have not looked into that as I want to retain the defroster, just not the tint.

Part Numbers for Glass without Reflector:
Front right glass: 68111-60160
Front Left glass: 68112-60150
Rear movable glass left: 68114-60130
Rear movable glass right: 68113-60130 NLA
Rear fixed glass right(quarter window): 68123-60140
Rear fixed glass left(quarter window): 68124-60140
Rear Lift Gate: 68131-60290

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom