Landcruiser 80 odb2 alternative location? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

I'm having troubles with the immo/ECU in my 2002 80 series. There is a port in the enginebay but there's no port inside the car. I've seen a picture of a fusebox and on top there's the ODB2 port. In my 80 there's no ODB2 port. Does anybody know if this port could be located somewhere else?

100 series has it just above the gas peddle under the dash on left had drive vehicles...maybe yours is there?

My 80 is the same as the one in the picture, only 130 k km more on the counter. I spoke to the locksmit that worked on this car. He told me that he worked alot on Landcruisers and never had problems. He couldn't plug in his computer on the port in the enginebay so he borought an adapter. This could have been an ODB1 to ODB2 (if that exists). He told me he couldn't get acces to the ECU. I'm not into scanningtools but the ODB1 shouldn't be a problem for newer scanners, right? Today I checked the ECU but it looks fine, all connectors are shinny and all the wiring is good.

I just got my emmo back from the States where they made a new key and programmed it in the immo. Now i'm thinking, wasn't I supposed to send the ECU with the immo? The keys are registered in the ECU, or not?

I can order a brand new immo with key and lockset at Toyota, but if the problem is in the ECU this will be a waiste of money.

Not sure about the Key/Immobilizer but OBD1 is much much simpler than OBD2 and can't really be "scanned" you bridge contacts and the check engine light flashes to give you a 2 digit code rather than being able to plug in and scan anything.

My 80 is the same as the one in the picture, only 130 k km more on the counter. I spoke to the locksmit that worked on this car. He told me that he worked alot on Landcruisers and never had problems. He couldn't plug in his computer on the port in the enginebay so he borought an adapter. This could have been an ODB1 to ODB2 (if that exists). He told me he couldn't get acces to the ECU. I'm not into scanningtools but the ODB1 shouldn't be a problem for newer scanners, right? Today I checked the ECU but it looks fine, all connectors are shinny and all the wiring is good.

I just got my emmo back from the States where they made a new key and programmed it in the immo. Now i'm thinking, wasn't I supposed to send the ECU with the immo? The keys are registered in the ECU, or not?

I can order a brand new immo with key and lockset at Toyota, but if the problem is in the ECU this will be a waiste of money.
Yes, the key and ECU are to be programmed together for the immobilizer.

Do a search in this section for "immobili" so it picks up the various spellings of the word.

Yes i've checked the two digit code, it 99. I've looked it up an it means something with the immo.

I hope the problem.is that they didn't program the ECU. Does anybody know a place where I can send it to and where they know what they are doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom