Convince me not to pick up the trail gear sliders.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Their sliders are good. Customer service if you have a problem, not so much.

Yea I can see that, I do like the sliders.

Problem is most likely they have eaten so much s*** from people over the years that they just don’t care anymore, “figure that s*** out yourself it’s not an exact science”. It’s not like they are selling on Amazon or eBay they are not accountable to anyone. Not condoning one bit but I do e-commerce myself and it wears you down after a while.

I have them on my 80 and about to buy a set for my 55. I added additional gussets to make sure they can take a pounding. They work out great and the price is right.

Do it! That’s what I used for mine. I’m happy with them. I would’ve like to have a kickout, but I don’t regret it.

5C492B48-D0B7-4FBA-8524-B0593D64E0A2.jpeg

You mean to say they don’t really act as a step very well?
They work perfectly as a step. They also work great as a slider. I just wish I had the kickout. Loved having it on my Tacoma

Normally I would agree but I think a lot of the availability issues is simply due to a lot of companies who make products for our trucks are small productions and don’t have as readily available access to materials, or at the least don’t have the buying power or demand to feasibly purchase materials and labor in this market.
No. That's during normal economic times.

These times....are not normal.

No. That's during normal economic times.

These times....are not normal.

How does the situation change supply and demand? If there is demand then the cost of materials and labor don’t matter, you just raise the price. The demand would not be there at a higher price, hence there is decreased production.

I do e-commerce and I do manufacture some of my products, not the same line of products but it applies the same.

How does the situation change supply and demand? If there is demand then the cost of materials and labor don’t matter, you just raise the price. The demand would not be there at a higher price, hence there is decreased production.

I do e-commerce and I do manufacture some of my products, not the same line of products but it applies the same.
You misunderstand.

Contact Hanna Quality he had a couple of sets a few weeks ago.

Holy heck!

-Is Ken back to fabbing?

I have his sliders & RR bumper - that rear bumper/swingouts is insane stout w/ the biggest arm spindles/bearings ever!

The sliders have plenty of scuffs / cat guard is sized right for either stock or the offset replacement I have in now.

They do ride tight to the rockers, but some grip tape where people step 100% fixes any issue anyone would have, even my boxer uses the grip tape to the RR door getting in.

Ken’s > anything else I’ve seen 1st person, but I’ve not seen Delta yet - but I don’t think OP is trying for Delta level $$$ gear.

I was a little weirded out by the use of 2x4 or 2x3 box tube in many 80 sliders. Just seems like excessive and unnecessary weight unless you're the guy with 2000+ pounds of extra gear on your truck.
You would surprised at how well the 2x4 box tube works, they let the vehicle just slide right over rock/obstacle where the traditional round tube sliders can get hung up between the tubes.
I know it's not for everyone but the way my sliders are made with 2x4 box tube molded into the rocker with no arms running to the frame I get hung up way less on my rock sliders then my other wheeling buddy"s do with the all round tube sliders with arms 🤷‍♂️ including the mini trucks and 4Runners.

I despise trail gear and all of their China made crap. Chinese DOM is not the same quality as us, theirs is much softer. I have bent their bumpers and axle housings before, Plus they are a very shady company on top of the shady quality.

If you want cheap and us made weld on sliders, get some from marlin crawler. I put a set on my 80, they fit nice. I’m not a big fan of the kick out, but it works great at keeping your rear wheels out of rocks and as a step. They were $275 shipped when the 10%off sale was going on. Should be another sale around Christmas.

Plate the frame and add some gussets, they will hold up well. The front leg is too short, so you’ll need a longer piece of 1.75” tube for those.

0CD5E1F4-F4E9-43B3-98CE-6D4027ED47F5.jpeg

184A3A7E-521B-4541-95B9-9C599637B1C7.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom